Smile at Dave

evest

Not that anybody here will need any reassurance about what an 'effing awesome car the beloved Zed is, but:

is anybody else, like me, enjoying their elevenses today whilst watching Top Gear on Dave, and seeing the 350Z Roadster pitted against the Audi TT 3.2 and the Chrysler Crossfire 3.2?

Despite Clarkson's everlasting 'horrible Datsun' snobbery, it just makes me grin to see the Zed exposed as the far superior car it is in terms of bare stats, power, pure driving pleasure, and the smile factor!

I guess one of the things I really love about the Zed is that you have to give something to the car - it's made for people who enjoy driving (as well as looking the dog's b0ll0cks). You put in the effort to drive it with a bit of interest and ability (rather than electronics doing all the work for you) and the rewards come back at you tenfold. The Crossfire doesn't even come in to play in my opinion, and whilst the TT is by no means a bad car, they're just a bit, well, consumer common... Okay so the TT won the rather silly beach drag race - but then it's got 4WD. So who cares.

Zed. What a car. The missus is away, I'm off outside for an afternoon of detailing. :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

I smile at Dave every morning in the mirror, he is a handsome devil :cloud9:

Totally agree about TG and Clarkson, unfortunately a lot of his comments stick like the French engine etc etc he is more an entertainer than car critic, drives far too many £100k+ cars to have any real grip on reality for me, but I love the show for the laughs :lol:

Totally agree about TG and Clarkson, unfortunately a lot of his comments stick like the French engine etc etc he is more an entertainer than car critic, drives far too many £100k+ cars to have any real grip on reality for me, but I love the show for the laughs :lol:

True - Top Gear for laughs, 5th Gear for car advice!