Stillen Gen 3 Intakes - The Definative Answer

ChrisUUC

Hi Guys,

I know all I do on this forum is ask questions ... but today ... its no different ;)

Whats the definative answer on these intakes, with an Uprev map do they have better increases than the stock/panel filter setup?

Also in terms of noise do they offer the same bark as the Nismo's I had ... minus the immense heat soak ... :p

Some answers from the likes of Alex/Abbey/RS Tuning etc wuld be good to hear as they have more than likely worked with cars with this setup.

Im asking this as im already considering intakes again ... but want it done right this time, and if the answers negative then ill stick with the stock setup.

Cheers,

Chris :yahoo:

Im not too sure ... I know the stock setup is great im just wondering have they noticed any gains from the customers they do have running the above intakes ...

I miss the bark have to say ... although the car runs better than it did I think than when I had the Nismos ... :)

Im not too sure ... I know the stock setup is great im just wondering have they noticed any gains from the customers they do have running the above intakes ...

I miss the bark have to say ... although the car runs better than it did I think than when I had the Nismos ... :)

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=38876&hilit=stock+airbox

Thanks for the link ... I see what they are getting at here:

HR Motors;

again same re the exhaust/cats idea as both DE and Rev up engined cars , these we find are best on stock airboxes people like fitting Nismo/Stillen filters kits for the noise but they dont give as much torque/bhp as the stock airbox set up fitted with panel filters.

No plenum spacers on these cars thou ;-(

But is this directed more at the Stillen Gen 1 and 2 intakes ... ?

But I can see that the stock is the best, im justing thinking is there anything as an in between ... good gains and works good for the car while also giving that bit of noise for grin factor :D

Thanks for the link ... I see what they are getting at here:

HR Motors;

again same re the exhaust/cats idea as both DE and Rev up engined cars , these we find are best on stock airboxes people like fitting Nismo/Stillen filters kits for the noise but they dont give as much torque/bhp as the stock airbox set up fitted with panel filters.

No plenum spacers on these cars thou ;-(

But is this directed more at the Stillen Gen 1 and 2 intakes ... ?

But I can see that the stock is the best, im justing thinking is there anything as an in between ... good gains and works good for the car while also giving that bit of noise for grin factor :D

How can there be gains if the stock is the best? :bangin:

Who cares???

The noise makes me smile.

I couldn't give a monkeys about 2 bhp. I'm not a dyno freak or a figures bragger at the pub.

I get in the car give it a bootful and smile like a lunatic. So what if I lose a few bhp.

Do whatever you feel is right. If you like the noise get intakes, if you think you'll feel 2 bhp difference then get panel filters.

Who cares???

I couldn't give a monkeys about 2 bhp. I'm not a dyno freak or a figures bragger at the pub.

I get in the car give it a bootful and smile like a lunatic. So what if I lose a few bhp.

Do whatever you feel is right. If you like the noise get intakes, if you think you'll feel 2 bhp difference then get panel filters.

+ 10000000000

if it was 20bhp then maybe yes...but for 2-3bhp and a couple of pounds of torque... :dry:

That doesn't even make sense ... just because the stock are classed as the best doesn't mean the stillens don't offer gains also :S

Not really think about it stock 350 with stock airbox remapped lets say is 270bhp, if thats the best then why would you gain from a worse set up? otherwise with stillen you would be lets say for example 272bhp. The stillens would also get gains if and only if worse induction system was fitted before e.g. pikey ebay filters with no heatsheilds and the like. If the stock system is the best and you have a stock sytem then how can you get gains :bangin::bangin::bangin:

Agreed with above I run a k&n typhoon and it sounds wicked. :thumbs:

Who cares???

That actually makes perfect sense ... I think I treat this car as I did my previous turbo'd cars when with this you really won't see a huge loss or gain with certain mods as its n/a .... something to thinly about.

I take most on here run intakes?