Traction Control Problem?? Help??

beezo75

Hello,

I am new to the 350Z scene. I have a 350Z GT Roadster, running on rays. I seem to have a problem with the Traction Control / Anti Slip system. This only happens on a long right hand bend at speed for example when exiting a motorway etc.. The traction control kicks in and brakes the car, this pulses on and off and is quite scary. This happens on dry roads with plenty of grip. All the tyres are good, the rears as new with 35psi in each, the car has been 4 wheel aligned and still this problem exists. The brake fluid is full and the brakes seem good.

Has anyone experienced this problem or could help?

Many thanks

The usual causes of this problem are:

- gross tyre pressure mismatch

- el cheapo tyres (low grip)

- different tyre brands mismatch on same axle or both axles :thumbdown:

- wrong tyre sizes

- tyre wear mismatch eg worn old fronts versus new rears - commonest culprit

- "green" new tyres especially rears

So it looks like in your case it could be any of the last 5 options ;) More info of your setup will help clarify. if you just recently changed the rears then after a few hundred miles when these tyres get heatcycled they should offer more grip and break traction less. So go easy with your right foot with new tyres as recommend with any change of tyres B)

Having the same problem myself, exactly as described by beezo75, which has only started occurring since I changed the rears.

Was running Pirelli P-Zero Rossos all round (225/45 R18 on front; 245/45 R18 on rear; 2003 Rays alloys), and have now changed to Bridgestone Potenza RE050s on the rear. Fronts are around two thirds worn, so I'm guessing perhaps it's reason number 5 for me?! Mismatch between worn fronts to new rears?!

Also, do any of you more experienced guys know how the ESP works on the Z? Does it run from a gearbox output shaft speed sensor along with front wheel speed sensors (which would add weight to reason number 5), or does it run from all four wheel speed sensors (which would mean reason 5 is less likely, I think), or something else?!

Perhaps I'm thinking about this too much, but it's a weird problem and definitely not caused by excessively lairy driving!! :teeth:

Thanks.