jvc kw-avx730

rob d

doing an install using this unit. I have followed the guides as published. I cant find the mystical cable J as mentioned on the alpine install guide.

ANY help at the moment would be good.

Willing to give beer to anyone that can help.

I have power but the on light is pulsing, will not boot any further.

I have tried swearing....didnt help.

:bang:

It's in ! What a bloody struggle. Take close note of the install guides elswhere in the forum. I would have been buggered without them. THANKS GUYS :#1:

A couple of notes:

The black / white wire ( on the conversion loom that is not attached to anything) must be earthed. There is a nice fat screw above the sat nav screen that works very well.

the handbrake cable can be connected to above screw, This allows DVD / video playback at any time. Not vital to me but I hate being told when I can press a button after forking out £350. It's now mine and I want to play with it !

The additional usb / phono cable is a must for IPOD connection. You can play music videos etc from your pod. Which is acting like a hard drive at this point.

The unit sits slightly backward compared to OE unit. This pushed the trim forward by 2mm. Not really noticable but worth knowing.

When running the ipod cable to the cubby at your elbow, you can get away with lifting the tunnel at the rear - 2 screws - and by removing most of the skin on your knuckles can retrieve the cable.

Absobloodylutely vital point - connect the loose blue/white cable from the conversion loom to a live. This triggers the Bose amp to switch on. It wont be main power but an interlock to activate.

It looks cool, IPOD control is neat. Picture is a bit grainy, but is par for what's available. Its got variable signal boost for line in to bose amp issues. It is now LOUD.

Only took me all weekend as I had to clean the bloody car again after I had finished and doing the Meguires 3 stage is a bit more than a 5 minute job.

Cool though :-)