key issue

jlp

key issue. sold my 350 in may and bought a 370 in lemans blue . Everything was great until the morning of my holiday .at 5am my wife and i got into the car started it up could not engage gear.turned engine off gears engaged, this went on for ten minutes my wife got out of the car , with her keys in her handbag and walked 15 mtrs away. i started up the car and gears engaged, drove to the airport with key symbol showing on the dashboard. on return kept wifes key in suitcase everything fine. decided to use only my key for the last 4 days . This morning used the wifes key everything ok! am going to the dealer . will update

Dont really get that at all. I have had 2 sets of keys in my 370z loads of times and not had this problem. The key symbol only shows when it doesnt detect a key, so I guess one of the keys was malfunctioning. Sure the dealer will get it sorted, probably needs the battery replacing or even a new key - but should all be under warranty of course.

key issue update.

Have spoken to motorline tun/wells , and nissan uk have not heard of any key clutch or gear problems with the 370.

they think the key symbol in the dash was a glitch , they have asked me to keep the key in the portal while driving the car. In the hope that if there are any electrical problems the computer will reset them. I havent done this yet as of last post havent had ang problems.Think it may just be gremlins .