SAt voice

rob d

ok, I have nought my stereo upgrade and every cable that JVC ever made to mate to the Bose and steering wheel and the bloody ariel.

A thought is worrying at my excitement.....

How do I plug the SAT NAV in ? That is for the voice instructions to come through the speakers. kinda hoping they go direct to the amp. Too much to ask I know..... :bang:

Any advice ?

Anyone installed a reversing camera ? is it worth it?

Havent bought one but it's an option on the connections.

Not if you have a spare Aux input. As i use USB and Ipod connections i used my Aux input and wired it upto the sat nav.

Only down side is you have to have aux input selected which means no music while using sat nav, i was going to have a look into using the tel mute and tel inputs on the headunit but havent got round to it.

ps. My headunit is a Alpine CDA-9886R

buggeration :rant:

I wanted to upgrade my skippy bose and have ipod now I loose sat voice. NOT HAPPY.

How is the audio sent out from the sat unit ? Can I splice it in to a speaker out ? Has it got an amp ? I phoned the shop who I bought the gear from and he suggewsted using a seperate speaker ?????

Any thoughts ?

• 2 months later...
has anyone found a fix for this issue?

Just a thought.. but if you got a separate amp to feed the speakers, then you'd have the line out from the stereo feeding the amp.

Say you could get some sort of automatic audio switch which has two stereo inputs and one stereo output. It normally feeds one input through, but if any audio is present on the other input, it overrides that and sends the other signal instead.

You could therefore plug your stereo and sat nav into such a switch, and have the output going to the amp. Whenever the sat nav says something, it'd override the stereo and your speakers would output the satnav.

I know such a device exists, but I've been searching the web and can't find one! You might need to jerry-rig up some sort of A/V component meant for a home stereo, but I bet it could be done.

Chris.

• 1 year later...