Ipod connector

AndyC

Isnt it illegal to use a thing like that in the UK? I thought i read it somewhere :wacko:

Anyway, i have an iPod connector in my car, but my iPod goes bananas when connecting it. Dunno what the problem is .... maybe this system works better.

Quite right mate, cos you're transmitting a signal unless you have a radio licence you could potentially get done for it. In reality I would doubt very much it would happen though. If I saw the blue light in my rear view I'd pull the ipod off and claim I wasn't using it (as it isn't illegal to own one). Plus if I was getting pulled I reckon I'd have bigger things to worry about than an ipod thingy (and yes that is a technical term!!) ;)

yeah, completely illeagal in the uk, but that doesnt stop loads of people selling them (and others presumably buying them!).

I have heard some people say they work ok, personally id make use of that strange rectangular gap in the stereo and buy a decent cassette adaptor - no extra power drain on your ipod then either

i think these itrip things can be a bit hit and miss , i had one for my ipod mini in my avensis, and it worked perfecly- only in one position , undeneath my sun visor-ie right next to the ariel!!!!.

my friend however has one for his ipod photo and it works perfectly, everytime, even in his pocket!!!!

i think mounting it in the correct position is ESSENTIAL

i think these itrip things can be a bit hit and miss , i had one for my ipod mini in my avensis, and it worked perfecly- only in one position , undeneath my sun visor-ie right next to the ariel!!!!.

my friend however has one for his ipod photo and it works perfectly, everytime, even in his pocket!!!!

Not according to your pal ;)

yeah, completely illeagal in the uk, but that doesnt stop loads of people selling them (and others presumably buying them!).

I have heard some people say they work ok, personally id make use of that strange rectangular gap in the stereo and buy a decent cassette adaptor - no extra power drain on your ipod then either

Surely you'd only get cassette quality then though?

Belkin have started selling FM transmitters in this county, although there is a disclaimer saying that their use maybe illegal in certain european countries.

My understanding as to why the iTrips are not available over here is because they haven't passed the necessary safety standards. They are only FCC compliant which is a US thing. The Belkin gadgets are CE certified so they can be sold in this country.

PC World are selling them one of the Belkin gadgets. They plug into the headphone socket so can be used with any device. £28 I believe. Don't know what the quality is like though.