Decats The verdict.

Tricky-Ricky

After buying some resonated decats welding in two extra bosses for my wide-band lambdas, and spending half the day fitting them, i have now driven about 50 miles, and my next job will be to remove them :surrender:

They are just too loud for me, OK at idle and cruising around, but as some as you use some serious throttle they are just to much for me, being an old git, i don't really want everybody looking at me like a chav racer, so they have to go.

Don't get me wrong there is definitely an improvement in acceleration in general, and noticeable so at 80-90 leptons where it usually feels slightly sluggish to me,

So if anyone wants some nearly new resonated decats with extra lambda bosses,(that are long enough to not cause a CEL) including blanking plugs if you don't use them, just drop me a PM.

ouch im just about to fit decats which havent any resonators, how much would you be looking for them mate?

Bearing in mind they cost me £105 posted, and now have the extra sensor bosses welded on, which cost another £35, they are also partially wrapped, and have only done 50 mls, make me a sensible offer.

had my decats fitted and new flexys on y sect and they sound awesome and not too loud. they equally balance the tone from the induction kit. sorry you dont like them. im 47 by the way.

Are you running a std exhaust? mine has the HKS style true duel, i had heard that the combination was not to loud, but I'm afraid it was louder than my single turbo Supra, so it had to go, shame as at idle and small throttle openings it was OK, just got very loud on the over run and at large throttle openings.

I wouldn't have minded if i was packing 500BHP+ but it just sounds too lairy for the limited power.