Direct access in london

maz77

Just done my CBT and theory test. Planning to go for direct access soon. Just wondered if any one recommends a certain trainer/school around London. I had a evaluation with metropolis in vauxhall and they quoted me a 2 days DA for £290 including the test! Sounds like a good price?

Shall i do the training with them or look elsewhere?

I you liked them you'll be fine.

All instructors should be teaching at the same level HOWEVER if you don't get on with the instructor you won't get as much from the course.

Enjoy it and be safe!

Any particular bike in mind?

Sounds like a good price. As with Stew mine was about 500 quid all in but I did it over more half days. Definately get someone local to your test centre, they know all the routes etc. Although don't get too hooked up on nailing the route, as when I had my test I had a car examiner as a stand in so he took me on the car route. Fortunately my instructor had taken me on that too for training so was all good :thumbs:

What bike you looking at? Not the best time of year to be passing your test if I'm honest!

Sara

Recommendations I had were advantage motorcycle training (wimbeldon), elite motorcycle training (also Wimbledon) and metropolis (central London). You might want to have a look at the two in south London.

After passing, will get on a course with IAM.

Will keep you posted

Stew and Chris, I am completely sold on a Ducati Monster.

Chris, why do you think it's the wrong time to do the test? Is it the weather

Monster is a nice bike Maz. I haven't ridden one but had a good look at the base engine one the week I picked my bike up. I was running the Z1000 in on the same route as the monster owner so we had a chat. Bike looked nice I must say.