Low speed grumbling noise - wheel bearing ?

Dan

I am aware of a low speed grumbling noise on my 04 GT, with 14,000 miles. I've not had a 350Z before so it may well be a characteristic of the car, but it sounds a lot like a wheelbearing to me.

It's most prominent between 15mph and 30mph, then subsides at higher speeds.

Anybody else got this rumbling noise ?

Is it a feature of the car, or do I have a problem ?

Thanks in advance.

I'd be surprised if Nissan would pay out for Tyres under warranty. They don't pay out for any "consumables" normally. Plus I would say this is the second set of Tyres, not the originals. But the wheelbearing, if faulty, will be covered.

Tyres would not be replaced under warranty for causing excessive road noise. It would be deemed to be a characteristic of the tyre...however a car which was for sale on the forecourt with 11,000 miles could well have been ready for a set of tyres...therefore I would guess the dealer made a warranty claim for some other part and used the money to replace worn tyres at Nissans expense :teeth:

Either that or they very cleverly managed to blame uneven tyre wear on the failure of some other part which was covered under warranty...

Either way doesn't really matter, cos you got FREE tyres :p

Tyres will be replaced. It's a combinaton of bad tread patttern (new tyres will have different outer block pattern) and incorrect front end geometry setup from factory.

Nissan will replace the tyres if their check determines feathering (sawtooth on the outer blocks).

It's a well know issues - get them replaced at Nissans expense and make sure the front toe is adjusted to new spec (2mm toe-in).

Mine were replaced having covered 16,000miles. :)

Tyres will be replaced. It's a combinaton of bad tread patttern (new tyres will have different outer block pattern) and incorrect front end geometry setup from factory.

Nissan will replace the tyres if their check determines feathering (sawtooth on the outer blocks).

It's a well know issues - get them replaced at Nissans expense and make sure the front toe is adjusted to new spec (2mm toe-in).

Mine were replaced having covered 16,000miles. :)

Jesussss - they must of been bald :wacko:

• 3 months later...

Bringing this one back from the dead guys as i need some help

Just got my Jap import ST!! Loving it sounds great with the Fujitsubo, but, what isnt sounding so great is the low speed grumblings.

YES its on Potenzas, and ive actually just had to have 2 new rear tires as i got a blow out, YES, a blow out, between southampton and portsmouth. Id had the car 20 mins .

The noise is Wooaaww-Woooaaww-Woaaaww noise, especially audiable at just below 30 km/h, and becomes 'too quick' to be audilable, above id say 50km/h.

WHat is it guys? Wheel bearings or get my toe in adjusted?

Love a quick response as i could get it done this weekend

cheers

Jamie