Ebay stereo?

neo-ninja

Hi All,

Just wondering what peoples opinions were on the unbranded steroes that are sold on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... ink:top:en

From my research (there are alot out there) but some use most of the standard OEM chips and parts that some of the most exspensive branded steroes use...Kenwood, panasonic, jvc etc...

So for a fraction of the price you are getting what seems to be a decent stereo that offers lots of customisation aswell as lots of boys toys...

Peoples thoughts?

sorry that was just an example and there are lots of very similar ones in the UK with UK maps, a quick ebay search finds them. When you mention build quality...tbh is that really a factor every stereo i have ever owned has been pretty similar - silver box with plastic fascia surround and then plastic with a little bit of metal face...

In terms of the "you get what you pay for" thats what i have always thought but then if you do research into the steroes you find that they are basically made up of the same parts as some of teh top end stereos just with no branding, and a slightly different facia...

Just really temping when you see what you can get for you money... (or i guess supposed to get)

For me its the software that it'll be running...

If you look at these fake iphones and fake ipods etc... they look the same, perform similar functions, but the user interface just doesnt have the investment of the big companies, and they can just be awkward to use, slow, buggy etc etc...

For me its the software that it'll be running...

If you look at these fake iphones and fake ipods etc... they look the same, perform similar functions, but the user interface just doesnt have the investment of the big companies, and they can just be awkward to use, slow, buggy etc etc...

ah interesting point, something i didnt consider.