South of France and back, 2300 miles

hanel

Just took the car on holiday with me. Had a really good drive down to the south of France and back.

IMG_0191.jpg

Give the French their due they make relay good motorways! Not a bump or noisy road surface all the way down. Mind you you pay a premium for it. Over the course of the holiday I reckon I spend around 200 euros = £135 on the motorway tolls.

They've also got some really good driving road. Took a trip to the Millau bridge (the tallest longest bridge in Europe) featured on Top Gear and decided to get off the motorway for a while. Girlfriend said that the views were pretty impressive and I throught the 350z was handling perfectly.

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

When we were their we also met the Ferrari equivalent of the gumball rally. 30 or so Ferrari's' driving along the French back roads. Tried to take some pictures but missed most of them trying to get my dads camera to work and the windscreen of my parents hire car was pretty dirty so sorry for the quality of the pics.

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

Free bottle of nice wine we brought back, for guessing what the hire car we in was......... (Delivered to the Wales drive only)

See you all in Wales :thumbs:

nice pics George :thumbs:

I did the Millau trip last year (not in the Zed unfortunately :dry: ) Agree with you about the french motorways :) really good road surface and for the main part were pretty traffic free... I can feel a Euro trip coming up next year :teeth:

Nice piccies George. Looks like had a good one.

Love the thing that the French president said when he opened the Millau Bridge, "It's a triumph of french engineering and design"

It was done by a brit. Norman Foster.