NON SKIPPING BOSE headunit...

slimjim

My BOSE head unit won't play CD's unless I am stopped :(

Does anyone have one laying around after replacing it that might work better than the one I have?

They all skip bud. Mine does it without fail when its cold. Something to do with the way the cds are stacked and condensation on the laser. Your best off ripping it out and buy a replacement. Bose head unit was a massive fail from the start.

They all skip bud. Mine does it without fail when its cold. Something to.do with the way the cds are sracked and condensation on the laser. Your best off ripping it out and buy a replacement. Bose head unit was a massive fail from the start.

Such a shame... as BOSE are a quality outfit...

I have BOSE cubes and they are great! An amazing sound.

Such a shame :(

I will give Lee a shout, cheers guys!

They all skip bud. Mine does it without fail when its cold. Something to do with the way the cds are stacked and condensation on the laser. Your best off ripping it out and buy a replacement. Bose head unit was a massive fail from the start.

Mine works perfectly! (Although it's only an '07 so maybe it'll die in the future).

I sent Lee a message about this a while ago and got no response.......

I thought BOSE were a quality outfit too. However i bought a pair of their In ear head phones which proved me wrong. The sound quality is amazing but the build quality is shocking. I have been through 3 pairs now with each lasting no longer then 3 months.

Its a shame that you don't always get what you pay for.

you can get them repaired, R35LEE used to do this although im not sure he has the time these days, might be worht a shot.

John, you are going to have to start charging me for all this advice you know!

haha true :p

cant remember who described it as this but they called it the Pseudo-Bose tickled me that one :lol:

its actually a s****y clarion unit, the speakers and amp are bose though

• 1 month later...

I have one here you can have, I only used it for about a week, before I ripped it out and put in my alpine from my old car. It skipped a little but not too much, I managed to get from London to Brighton with it skipping only once or twice. As I didn't really use it I cant guarantee trouble free operation.

Wasn't till after I ripped it out that I remembered that I had left some cd's in it though. DOH! If you want it though it's yours as long as you send my cd's back one you got it hooked up. ;)

PM me if you still want it.

I have one here you can have, I only used it for about a week, before I ripped it out and put in my alpine from my old car. It skipped a little but not too much, I managed to get from London to Brighton with it skipping only once or twice. As I didn't really use it I cant guarantee trouble free operation.

Wasn't till after I ripped it out that I remembered that I had left some cd's in it though. DOH! If you want it though it's yours as long as you send my cd's back one you got it hooked up. ;)

PM me if you still want it.

I may be wrong, but doesn't the Bose HU need to be 'divorced' from the donor car first before it can be fitted to another?