Whats it worth?

AndySpak

Hello everyone,

Sorry I have not been very active recently, a combination of work and other things have got in the way...

I'm thinking of selling my Zed and buying a Cayman S but I am a bit out of touch with prices at the moment so I thought I'd ask the expertise of this great forum what I should expect to get for it.

My car is a UK 350Z GT Coupe 2004 (54-plate), Azure, Standard 18" Alloys and has 83K on the clock. Its been well loved/cared for and is in very good condition (I'd stop short of excellent because of the chicken pox on the front bumper). It has a full Nissan Service history.

Any indicative prices would be beneficial and gratefully received.

Thanks

Andrew

DSCF0083.jpg

Its surprisingly difficult to say mate. In a normal market you seem to be able to say 'this is what its worth' but the prices are all over the place at the mo.

I went to look at one othe other day - same spec as yours but 54k on the clock and it was £8750. Turned out to be a TOTAL shed but it literally sold within 16 hours of it going on autotrader (and I was the first to view at 9am).

Unfortunately your sometimes up against buyers like my missus who is looking for one but will overlook your amazingly well looked after car because they believe the milage is 'too high'.......instead they'll go and view endless shedders for £8750 with 54k on the clock believing its a 'better car' only to be confronted by a steaming heap of turd.

Some sweet cars on the forum for 'firesale' prices too......not a sausage selling. I'd hazard a guess to be competitive you'd be about £9500 (and I bet you were hoping someone would say around the £10500 £11k mark)

Keep it and look cool instead! B)

Some sweet cars on the forum for 'firesale' prices too......not a sausage selling. I'd hazard a guess to be competitive you'd be about £9500 (and I bet you were hoping someone would say around the £10500 £11k mark)

£9500 would be sweet but I expecting it to be worth far less than that.

Here is the guide price from Parkers. This is based on 60k miles.

Original Price £27,000

Franchised Dealer £11,000

Independent Dealer £10,580

Private Good £9,740

Private Poor £7,965

Part Exchange £8,585

Ricey - good quote....

Ricey - good quote....

I seem to spend my entire life buying and researching cars when I should be working - I now have an intricate matrix of car values in my head!

The value and what you can actually sell if for seem to be very different things at the moment. We're trying to sell our immaculate MX5 for px value just so we can buy private - selling for PX price and not one call!! :angry: