Engine Warning (Malfunction) light

IJenks

Hi all

I've managed to get myself an 06 Z and BLOODY HELL is it great!? I love this car so much, and so does everyone else I see (even getting people coming into work to tell me they like my car - I feel like royalty! :teeth: )

Any how, on topic:

the engine warning light came on on Monday morning. It doesn't go off if I restart the car. I did an ECU reset yesterday and the flashing sequence was:

10 long, 10 short, 10 short, 10 short. I assume this means the code is P0000, therefore no fault found?

The light went off and stayed off all the way home, this morning though it was back on again. Is it likely that this means I need a service soon (has done 43K, last serviced at 39K)? I'll check the code again later, but if it reads as above have I "Translated" it correctly?

TIA for any help.

Ian

It's not going to be service related ... It's more likely that you have a fault of some sort being reported ..

The flashing CEL method of reading the code can be a little difficult to decypher ... make sure you're reading it correctly ..

Alternatively you can get it hooked up to a laptop with the correct software and have it read that way ..

Where abouts are you based anyway?

Thanks Ian. I did another ECU reset yesterday afternoon - code came back as P0138 Rear O2S, Bank 1 Maximum Voltage Monitoring I know the flashy-light thing isn't the best way of reading these but until next week I can't get to a "Proper" reader. The light has stayed off ever since - it only came on first when I put Shell V-Power in it, maybe this has had some sort of effect?