Wear Sensors

350z999

Hi guys,

I recently had a service and was told my front discs and pads needed replacing but they quoted me over £650 for pagid and fitting etc. I thought this was crazy so have just gone onto the net and ordered two new pagid discs and pagid pads however when I rung the garage up to see if they could fit them for me they said did I buy the wear sensors??

I searched but cannot find where to buy them or if I need new ones? I am really confused as to what I should do? Any help would be really great.

Cheers guys

no you would just hear a screeching noise, the tab is just a bit of metal that sticks out of the backing plate of the brake pad. I dont think all pads have them, but they're either part of the pad or not, you can't change them over. There is no electrical connection.

Thanks guys, knew I would get some proper advice here, I keep finding my local mechanics seem to know hardly anything about the 350z.

Whereabouts are you? Am sure someone local will be able to direct you to a technician who knows their way round a zed :thumbs: