What is this part called....

Dr.TuB

im asking because i my car has been making "clicking" noises in the rear when i first take off and sometimes when i stop.

brought it to my indy and he said these needs to be changed.. is he correct?

where can i order this part and how much

It's called a 'drop-link'. And it appears to be a rear one, from your picture. The attached the ARB (Anti-roll bar) to the chassis. They 'go' quite often, causing a clunking noise as well as squeaking. Sometimes people try greasing them to stop the noise but usually they need replacing.

Hope that helps.

im asking because i my car has been making "clicking" noises in the rear when i first take off and sometimes when i stop.

brought it to my indy and he said these needs to be changed.. is he correct?

where can i order this part and how much

Probably looking at an hourish to change both rears at a garage. Not sure on cost of the part - either check eBay or pm one of the many traders on here. ZManAlex is apprently very prompt and offers good prices. Not used him myself, but can vouch for his knowledge and seemingly never-ending availabilty of parts! :thumbs:

It's a fairly common fault, so nothing to worry about.

Most likely your CV joint is making the noise and a very common issue on the Z. ZMANALEX has the fix for it. Listen carefully to which side the click is coming from and you might only need to do one side. Personally I'd do both to save the hassle later. (you can see the rubbery bit on the axle which butts onto the part that needs to be replaced).

Also part circled is a drop-link or end-link. This is likely to have worn out if you have lowered the car and installed stiffer sway bars. Recommend the Powergrid end-links as replacements which are stronger.