Up-Rev booked in with RS Tuning

andyvvc

I've finally decided to sort out the awful throttle restrictions in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears ! And for safety-sake, the car is getting oil and filter changed at Nissan the day before the Up-Rev work.

With the plenum, K&N, uprated Y pipe and exhaust, i'm hoping that i see a nice improvement in throttle response, and maybe a few extra HP and torque. With 104000 miles on the clock, i figured she was probably due for a re-map session to at least make sure she isnt starting to run lean/rich etc. Sparks were changed at 65000 miles (2.5 years ago) and were the slightly better Denso ones, so these are good for another 10k i think...?

I will post up before and after RR results to see if it makes much difference to an aging Zed :blush:

EDIT - this should perhaps be in the Tuning section, sorry mods. Move it if its in the wrong section - sorry!

I'd save yourself the money and change oil and filter yourself the day before, more petrol cash for enjoying the tune then! :thumbs:

Yeah i was thinking of doing that, or getting a mate to help out with the oil change. But im lookin at nearly 60 quid delivered from Opie for the Fuchs oil and filter that i normally use. Nissan arent charging much more so for simplicity and a service report, ive stuck her in at Nissan. (Only an oil change, they cant get that wrong...can they?) lol

Its not a difficult job to do even to a complete novice and im sure theres prob a guide on here if your struggling. I would rather let my girlfriend do the work than Nissan... well maybe but you see my point :lol:

My experience of Nissan went as follows:

Drive into garage

Walk to reception

Guy at reception (also mechanic) asks what car "that" is...

Thinking maybe it was due to the very massive changes that had thrown him, this being side skirts and a front lip, i said a 350z.... long pause followed by ohh im not sure we do those..

Got back in my car

Drive to Abbey in London, best service ever.

Hi Andyvvc. I shall be keeping an eye on this post. I'm thinking of similar exhaust, y-pipe & plenum upgrades. As Abbey is so far away (I'm NW Cumbria) RS is much nearer + they get good reviews also. Looking forward to hearing some good results and feedback. Hope all goes well :thumbs:

To be honest mate if Nissan is easy for you just use them. I buy all my service gear through Nissan (although I get 25% discount through work) and I've never had a problem yet. There fully synthetic oil is fine, lets be honest they have spent millions in researching the engines and choose there oil supplier lol. I havent used them for service labour but there parts department have always been good for me. The other way of looking at it is, if there is a problem you take it back, if you cause the problem you have to pay lol...

Good luck with the tune up mate. :thumbs: