My first "spirited" overtake....

slimjim

Dont bother starting a new thread, hit the search button there are plenty of threads to reaed already out there.

Yes the zed has a staggered wheel size front to back.

the stock size is 225/45r18 & 245/45r18 work from that rolling radius in a tyre calculator and figure out wwhat you need. most likely it will be 245 front and 275 back unless the rims you have are exceptionally skinny. have you got a picture so we can have a look at the offset?

I can take as many piccys as you need :)

What should I take a photo of?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting REALLY confused now :blush:

Gonna break it down for myself, see if I have everything right.

99% sure I have spacers on all ready.

Do I need thicker ones?

95% sure I can leave my front tires as they are.

90% sure I should change my rear tires to Vredestein ULTRAC SESSANTA'S, to match the fronts.

But what SIZE do I need for the back?

NOT the same as the front.... ?

I am new to this... someone break it down into proper dumb-ass terms for me? :headhurt:

I am getting REALLY confused now :blush:

Gonna break it down for myself, see if I have everything right.

99% sure I have spacers on all ready.

Do I need thicker ones?

95% sure I can leave my front tires as they are.

90% sure I should change my rear tires to Vredestein ULTRAC SESSANTA'S, to match the fronts.

But what SIZE do I need for the back?

NOT the same as the front.... ?

I am new to this... someone break it down into proper dumb-ass terms for me? :headhurt:

The Z has a set rolling radius... your limited slip differential wont be affected by this so having larger wheels is OK in that respect...

As for your traction control it works off your rolling radius.... if you look on your drivers side door shut you will see the stock sizes for the Z which I believe are

225/45/18 for the front and the rear and 245/45/18... i think.

Now if you work off that using the tyre rolling radius calculator I posted earlier using the sizes of your wheels it should work out how big a difference there is in the rolling radius which will help you find what tyre size you need...

http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm

you said your tyre sizes are:

225/40/19 front

255/40/19 rear - is that the correct size? it looked like it from the picture

As for spacers mate i dont like them, they do look nice but in my opinion they don't do your car any good mehcanically

The Z has a set rolling radius... your limited slip differential wont be affected by this so having larger wheels is OK in that respect...

As for your traction control it works off your rolling radius.... if you look on your drivers side door shut you will see the stock sizes for the Z which I believe are

225/45/18 for the front and the rear and 245/45/18... i think.

Now if you work off that using the tyre rolling radius calculator I posted earlier using the sizes of your wheels it should work out how big a difference there is in the rolling radius which will help you find what tyre size you need...

http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm

you said your tyre sizes are:

225/40/19 front

255/40/19 rear - is that the correct size? it looked like it from the picture

As for spacers mate i dont like them, they do look nice but in my opinion they don't do your car any good mehcanically

Cheers Josh!

I think the rear is 255/35/19 (rather than 40) at the moment.

I will have a look at the "standard" sizes on my door, then use the matcher as you suggested :)

Im not fussed about spacers either, they were on when I bought it.

Presumably because without them the offset would have make the wheels WELL under the arch!

To me, they look like they could actually do with coming out MORE, so THICKER spacers.

Haven't decided if I am changing the allows yet or not, but I don't have the cash to do anything with them yet anyway!

Do the spacers to nothing at all then?

I would have thought they would have given the car a (albeit only a small mount) wider foot print for better stability?

if you are going with spacers, definitely get extended struts just to stay safe, running spacers minimizes the struts threads that you bolt the wheels lugs on, which causes stress on them and they might fail and make the wheels fall off the car .... although dont get scared this is unlikely as you have small spacers...

In my opinion if your going for new wheels, get some that have the proper offset I suggest staying on the safe side and getting wheels with proper offset in the first place!

People will thing im going over the top, and they are probably right :lol:

if you are going with spacers, definitely get extended struts just to stay safe, running spacers minimizes the struts threads that you bolt the wheels lugs on, which causes stress on them and they might fail and make the wheels fall off the car .... although dont get scared this is unlikely as you have small spacers...

In my opinion if your going for new wheels, get some that have the proper offset I suggest staying on the safe side and getting wheels with proper offset in the first place!

People will thing im going over the top, and they are probably right :lol:

I totally agree with regards to the offset...

People get it wrong and either it looks awful... or it fails an MOT... Or both! :lol:

Don't quiet agree on the bolt argument though, if you replace the bots as well, for the right length, then you can use spacers all day long.

Or am I wrong there too? :teeth:

found this on another forum and describes it well for me

Here's why: pick up a 10-pound weight. Easy, right? Now put that 10-pound weight at the end of a foot-long stick. Now try to lift it, keeping the stick horizontal. Huge extra load on your wrist, see? Your wrist is the wheel bearings and ball joints.

found this on another forum and describes it well for me

Here's why: pick up a 10-pound weight. Easy, right? Now put that 10-pound weight at the end of a foot-long stick. Now try to lift it, keeping the stick horizontal. Huge extra load on your wrist, see? Your wrist is the wheel bearings and ball joints.

Yes, that makes sense....

BUT you have to think abotu the difference of weight of the alloys ;)

i.e. a 2-pound weight on teh end of a 1-foot stick will be as easy to lift as a 10-pound weight...

but, I DO see your point.... and I also see my argument is floored as new alloys are not 80% lighter than the originals! :lol:

By the way, regarding the price of the tyres, cam-skill offer to beat anything you give them so if you find something cheaper than cam-skill, let them know!

I'm trying out a place that's cheaper then them at the moment, they couldnt beat the price I gave them :p

What Captain is talking about is this >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6J8hfNJeyw

(him doing a twirl :lol:;) )

ealrier "struts" were mentioned by josh, this should be studs. otherwise it doesnt make any sense :lol:

the whole spacer/no spacer argument is on a different thread and is probably best to continue on the same thread to keep continuity of the topic.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=40232&hilit=spacers+view

You would normally want 275/35R19 tyres for the back, however your rims are pretty skinny so probably wouldn't fit with that size. Here's a thought, seeing as you have 225 on the front why not go for 245 on the back with a 40 profile?

Its like trying to make a wedding cake from dog @*!# with these rims. no offence.

i assume this is the spec of the offending rims

Zito Navarro 19" Wheels & Tyres

A set of 4

8.0*19

A set of 4

235/35 19 BCT800

Fittment available -

5/100 ET35

5/112 ET45

5/114 ET40

5/108 ET35

5/110 ET35

Not sure Bud....

Other than asking the previous owner, how can I find out? (No info in the bumpf I got with the car)