Japspeed K1 fitting questions

Androo

No, i bought it from a member on here....

Well im off to the local tyre & exhaust fitters in the morning to get it sorted - they will have the bolts no doubt, but the only thing i wondered about was whether i could get away with gasket paste/silicone rather than the gaskets?

From what i can see where the centre section joins the y pipe there is no trace of a gasket being used there (the putty was used by the looks of it)

Does anyone else just ditch the gaskets and use the other sealing method?

Cheers guys

Thanks Russ - only problem being i am too impatient :teeth:

Ive heard of people fitting before without gaskets, and should be fine - i cant see there being any/much flex down that part, so lets hope for the best eh?

I'll let you guys know tomorrow what the fitting centre says.....

i just used gasket paste on mine and the nuts on mine had been replaced and i got some from neilp when i bought it so they werent a prob for me.

had no bother with it so i guess the paste stuff is doing its job.

got a mechanic next door so is pretty handy for doing stuff on the car.

thanks guys - local exhaust centre also confirmed that paste is absolutely fine!

Yeah, its the one of the major downsides to still living at home...boooo. Maybe i can push with the K2 ;)

Previously had Hyundai's (2.0 and 2.7v6) totally decat and boy that was annoying i bet... having the windows shake for 20 mins on the cold mornings whilst i de-iced the car :lol: