Slow pick up in 2nd / 3rd

call999

After a spirited run through Wales over the weekend and the drive back to London, as of yesterday I'm getting a delay in power delivery in 2nd and 3rd gears.

1st is fine, feels like the clutch is slipping in 2nd/3rd if I'm anything other than very gentle with the loud pedal... I can't quite put my finger on it but soemthing else doesn't quite feel right which is making me question whether it is just the clutch. I've not done a decent run since as live/work in central London... just canvassing for ideas/known possibilities. Car is 2009 313 roadster with 11k miles.

Cheers...

no, clutch wouldn't be covered under warranty. It does sound like you need a new one

Thanks for that - figured not but 11k doesn't seem like a long time for one to last!!!

ahh missed the mileage. It may be worth a chance but I dont think you would get anywhere as it would be difficult to prove how the car has been driven during those 11K. Nothing to loose in trying though.

while your at it, get an uprated clutch?

Nice idea - looks like they'll be doing under warranty though - going in next thursday.

Bloody hell thats good of them, clutch under warranty, what Nissan stealership is that?!

Will reveal once they confirm they're doing it - they seem to think they can get it done after only 11k - I'm not holding my breath though ;) It's not even been driven hard ffs so if they don't do it I'll be very pi**ed off!!

while your at it, get an uprated clutch?

Nice idea - looks like they'll be doing under warranty though - going in next thursday.

Bloody hell thats good of them, clutch under warranty, what Nissan stealership is that?!

Will reveal once they confirm they're doing it - they seem to think they can get it done after only 11k - I'm not holding my breath though ;) It's not even been driven hard ffs so if they don't do it I'll be very pi**ed off!!

Good luck with it mate and if you dont have any luck there are plenty of us to help on here :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Right... just had a nice phone call from WLMG Nissan in Mill Hill who have confirmed that Nissan are replacing the clutch under warranty with no arguments whatsoever... pleased is an understatement - I expected to have to put up a fight and at best a part cost to myself. They haven't told me what was wrong with it as yet but are going to come back to me to advise.

Fair play to Nissan as I really didn't expect this outcome :D

Nice to hear a warranty issue being accepted, especially on a "wear & tear" item - are you sure it's a 2009 car and not a 2007 build that wasn't sold or registered for a couple of years as IIRC there was a slave cylinder recall on those :thumbs:

Hmmm - interesting question - was one of the last few roadsters sold mid April 2009, defo a 313, I'd be surprised if it had been sitting around that long but no idea to be honest. I'll look into it, may explain why they haven't got back to me to tell me what the actual problem was as yet!!