So... what do I do now?

slimjim

I have my wonderful 350Z :yahoo:

Cleaned her up last weekend... as some of you know....

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40608&p=602605

But, what do I do now?

(Other than keeping her clean and enjoy driving!)

I want to be sure she is in tip-top condition.

Not too fussed about modifications, for now.

She is on 66k miles right now and had a P1 at 64k (08/12/09)...

A friend of mine with a Stage 4 200SX has suggested I do an engine and gear box oil change. Using what he calls "decent" oil.....

Anyone else have any suggestions? :blush:

Thanks! :thumbs:

---------------------

Oh... if anyone is interested...

Service history reads:

10148 - 20/04/04 - Minor Service - Dan Perkins Nissan

18539 - 07/10/04 - MAJOR Service - Dan Perkins Nissan

26856 - 14/10/05 - Minor Service - Dan Perkins Nissan (P2)

35967 - 13/10/06 - Minor Service - Dan Perkins Nissan (P1)

43962 - 30/11/07 - Minor Service - Dan Perkins Nissan

53995 - 16/07/08 - MAJOR Service - Moore Park Garage

64877 - 08/12/09 - Minor Service - JR Motor Sports (P1)

Mods! :teeth:

Whats been done to it so far :shrug:

HA HA ....

Like I said, I am not too fussed about mods.

It has a CAI (or "pop charger" as you lot call it for some reason!)

Would I be better off taking this off and swapping it for an 06 box?

The cotton filter is FILTHY, so I suppose I should change it really.

Other than that, it is standard.... oh, I stuck an S2000 aerial on it... stolen from my previous car :D

Would sticking some of this in help?

http://www.iridiumengineering.co.uk/synchromax.htm

"SYNCHROMAX MTF OIL

Synchromax is a manual transmission fluid that increases performance and the life of your equipment. It improves shifting, reduces gear noise and increases power transfer to the wheels. It also lowers operating temperatures and provides outstanding wear protection for longer transmission life.

Synchromax is recommended for manual transmissions that specify an automotive transmission fluid (ATF) or motor oil. It’s also ideal for 4x4 transfer cases and motorcycle gear boxes. Synchromax is fully compatible with all types of friction materials. It provides excellent corrosion and oxidation protection without affecting the soft metals commonly found in manual transmission synchronisers.

Synchromax is formulated with Royal Purple’s proprietary Synerlec™ technology for unsurpassed performance and protection"

Mods! :teeth:

Whats been done to it so far :shrug:

HA HA ....

Like I said, I am not too fussed about mods.

It has a CAI (or "pop charger" as you lot call it for some reason!)

Would I be better off taking this off and swapping it for an 06 box?

The cotton filter is FILTHY, so I suppose I should change it really.

Other than that, it is standard.... oh, I stuck an S2000 aerial on it... stolen from my previous car :D

The Popcharger is a particular brand of CAI made by Jim Wolf Technologies....Stupid name really isnt it!

Just thought i'd clarify so you dont think we're all weirdo's for referring to all CAI's generally as popchargers :thumbs:

Come along to the drive outs on 18/19 - only just down the road from you and where you meet lots of other 350 enthusiasts and pick up as much information as you will ever need. :lol:

Plus on the Saturday afternoon at our 'base' at Moreton Park Lodge, Chirk - CIB Detailers will be on hand with their products to show you how to really clean a ZED well.

Details from the link in my sig ;)

Id personally put the stock 06 box on with a panel filter for performance over a sound improvement + looks i guess.

Yeah... where is the best place to get hold of one from?

The Popcharger is a particular brand of CAI made by Jim Wolf Technologies....Stupid name really isnt it!

Just thought i'd clarify so you dont think we're all weirdo's for referring to all CAI's generally as popchargers :thumbs:

Cheers for that...

and for the record, I think you are all weirdo's for reasons OTHER than just the pop-charger thing ... :p

(Obviously including ME in that statement!)

Id personally put the stock 06 box on with a panel filter for performance over a sound improvement + looks i guess.

Yeah... where is the best place to get hold of one from?

Cheers for that...

and for the record, I think you are all weirdo's for reasons OTHER than just the pop-charger thing ... :p

(Obviously including ME in that statement!)

Yep I couldn't agree more! :lol:

Come along to the drive outs on 18/19 - only just down the road from you and where you meet lots of other 350 enthusiasts and pick up as much information as you will ever need. :lol:

Plus on the Saturday afternoon at our 'base' at Moreton Park Lodge, Chirk - CIB Detailers will be on hand with their products to show you how to really clean a ZED well.

Yeah, not sure what is going on that weekend, may be out of the country working :(

But if not, I will pop over!

Yeah, not sure what is going on that weekend, may be out of the country working :(

But if not, I will pop over!

Let me know up front if you are coming on the drives and will want food. :thumbs:

Watch the threads on the WALES II weekend for further info.

Let me know up front if you are coming on the drives and will want food. :thumbs:

Yeah, I had a look at the "drives" you are doing.

Was a little worried I might not be able to keep up (with still being a little nervous of the loud pedal on my first every RWD motor)

:blush:

Was a little worried I might not be able to keep up (with still being a little nervous of the loud pedal on my first every RWD motor)

With an old slow coach like me leading you will have no problems :lol:

More seriously, we have done a lot of these now and always make a point of ensuring those new to our meets/drives do not miss out or get left behind :)

With an old slow coach like me leading you will have no problems :lol:

More seriously, we have done a lot of these now and always make a point of ensuring those new to our meets/drives do not miss out or get left behind :)

Don't worry they will break you in gently. I'm still new to all of this but it's huge fun, learning to drive the car well with people who know what they are doing is huge huge fun, you will love it and the roads there are some of the best. There's nothing like the sound or feeling of a 350z convoy. Well there is but that's another story... ;).