Blitz Nur Spec T

Animal

Had the above fitted to my car today and thought I'd share my initial thoughts (I'd noticed that there weren't really that many topics devoted to exhausts on this forum :lol:

My car has Berk HFCs fitted, but apart from that is completely standard.

Build quality looks very good (nice tidy welding) and it was a cinch to fit (according to Japex).

Sound:

With the HFCs and standard exhaust my car was about 81db from a cold start; with the Blitz it's now c.85db. On start-up it's noticably louder inside with the windows up and a fair bit louder from outside. However, once warmed up the car barely sounds any louder at idle from inside (windows open). The tone is predictably a fair bit bassier and a little more aggressive, especially at anything approaching WOT, but it doesn't change the character of the car - it's more of an enhancement.

I got back to work at lunch time and my boss insisted on hearing it close-up (he'd heard me arriving!). As I said above, it's quite a bit louder on start-up from outside, and with plenty of revs it fairly roars and is much louder than standard - but without being offensive. It's actually a very nice and cultured sound; I wish the car sounded like that as standard! Plenty of popping and banging on the overrun too.

Driving:

From just over idle to around 3,000rpm the car sounds like standard but with a little more bass and a little more volume. Above 3,000rpm it's much better! Unfortunately my Y-pipe is a bit worn out, so I'm getting a fair bit of rasp when accelerating hard and an annoying rattle between 2,000 and 3,000rpm when I lift off. A shame because I haven't been able to have an honest listen yet, but it'll be fixed in the near future.

Will try and post a vid or two soon.

Cheers,

Alex :wave: