Oulton Park trackday Nov 12th. £125 open pitlane

Steve H

Hi Fellas

We are organising another club trackday at Oulton Park, this time it’s Friday Nov 12th and we’re hoping to get some Z owners involved. As usual, we are offering this event to the owners clubs we work with first, it’s always a popular event with the clubs so it becomes a bit of a mini-meet as well. Oulton has some great places to spectate from, decent catering and plenty of space for everyone to gather together. We will also be having Xtreme Photography there so any drivers can see how their car looks on track and buy photos and CDs etc.

The trackday will be running with our usual setup of open pitlane and limited numbers to make sure you can get plenty of lappage on this fantastic circuit!

For the novices (or more experienced drivers) we will have free tuition available, all our instructors are ARDS licenced and hand picked from the guys I work with at the Oulton Race School so they are very familiar with how to get a car round the track quickly and safely and will make sure you get the best out of the day.

The list price for this event is £150 but we are doing a special club rate and we’ve frozen last years price so you can book a place for just £125. Passengers can be booked in for a tenner and extra drivers for £35.

Bookings can be made HERE but if you’d like to come along please shout up on here and I’ll PM you the discount code to get the club rate.

Cheers

Steve H

Trackaction-Online

Here’s a few shots from last years event -

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0692.jpg

DSC_13.jpg

DSC_0578.jpg

'Hi Fellas' - are women allowed??????!!!!!!

Hope so!!! :drive1

Hi Fee, sorry about the blatant sexism - it wasn't intentional :blush: . Not sure what the female equivalent is for "fellas" but please consider yourself invited and very welcome :wave: .

PMs sent with discount codes. ETA, Fee, I can't PM you :doh: is this your account setting?

Steve H

Is Oulton a good place for first timers such as myself? (i.e. Lots of run off and little to hit!)

Oulton park was my first time. Only one tricky corner with negative camber and very slippery. i managed to spin the car end of the on my last lap with the ESP on!!!

Its hard to hit something there tho..you ll be fine :)

I'd have to say no to the run-off question but frankly if you drive within yourself and build pace over the day then there's no reason why you should have any problem. Well worth making the most of the free tuition - it can transform your day.

My first trackday was at Cadwell, probably the scariest (but one of the best) circuit in the country but I didn't worry about the cars that were passing me and by the end of the day I was keeping up with a lot of them. Moral of the story - any circuit is as safe as the driver.

For sure though, Oulton has enough variety and challenges to ensure that after that you will come away with a much better idea of what you and your car can do.