info required on alloys

pepperstu

i have a set of the 18inch oem 350z alloys (not rays) which are currently fitted with 225 and 245 tyres but im gonna be putting on some r888's for track days and im wondering if these sizes are the widest that will fit these wheels

thanks in advance for any help

stu

i have a set of the 18inch oem 350z alloys (not rays) which are currently fitted with 225 and 245 tyres but im gonna be putting on some r888's for track days and im wondering if these sizes are the widest that will fit these wheels

stu

Zmanalex sells slicks which are better than 888s and last longer too.

stu

Have you used the slicks he has then I was a little unsure as they are used

stu

Have you used the slicks he has then I was a little unsure as they are used

No mate I havent but anything the Zman tells you is always right. Give him a pm he's a nice chap. :thumbs:

stu

Slicks are surely not road legal which is the advantage of tyres like the r888 isn't it? (Near slicks but still road legal)

You might be able to squeeze wider tyres on the standard rims surely, but it then changes the tyre's shape slightly. Which can affect its grip/wear characteristics.