P1 Service

Sarnie

Hi

Had my P1 service at Westway Nissan in Brum on Wednesday. All went well but only cos I am well drilled now and had a lot of specific requests. For example:

1) DON'T wash my car!! (Last time they washed it in some shitty shampoo and didn't rinse it properly so it looked like a bag of shite)

2) DON'T damage my car!! (Took 4 million before pics and made two of the salesmen walk round my car to check for any damage before I left it with them)

3) DON'T drive my car unneccessarily!!

You get the picture.

Anyway all went to plan and there were no hiccups. Having now covered 9000 miles I assumed that brake pads and tyres would be be getting low.

How wrong was I? Pads still have 80% left on them and my bridgestones still have 8mm left on them :scare::scare::scare: How bloody hard do I have to drive my zed to wear down these fooking crap tyres!!!!

One thing that concerned me however was that on both front tyres the outer tread was 8mm, centre was 8mm but the inner tread was 6mm???

Why would the inner tread wear differently to the rest of the tyre? The sale guy said that all zeds do this and that there was nothing wrong with my tracking so what could it be?

How did he know the tracking was fine :dry:

No idea? If the tracking was out, would that affect the way my tyres are wearing in this particular way?

If the toe is out (ie when the front wheels 'point' away from the car. Left wheel going left a bit, right wheel going right a bit, when the steering wheel is straight) then it would effectively drag the inner edge in a straight line. Sure there are other examples tho.

How did he know the tracking was fine :dry:

No idea? If the tracking was out, would that affect the way my tyres are wearing in this particular way?

Yes mate....

I'd get it checked ;)

If your tracking is out it absolutely will affect your tyres in this way. I've had it happen before, not on the zed coz I've not had it long enough yet!

Top Tip: Do some track days to wear your tyres down quicker ;)