Rear wiper delete done - but one nipple too erect!

captain

Done today.

Many thanks to PIMM as usual for borrowing his tools/time/drive/coffee and er............well he did it all as usual. :#1:

Didn't have a 20mm grommett for the squirter so I'm quite "perky" at the moment. tried B&Q but no luck. Any pointers as to where's best?

_DSC6501.JPG

There you go.

Obviously not as good as getting it filled/resprayed but I'm delighted.

May consider sanding/priming and then touch-up paint.

Yes - the 25mm grommett was from just above the radiator under the bonnet. Perfect fit and sealed with some silicon.

The "squirter" grommett was in PIMM's toolbox and is 2-3mm too big hence the perky bulge. :blush::lol:

_DSC6503.JPG

have you had the rear window tinted or is it just the angle of the photo.

I have a Black Z and would like to get the rear window as dark as possible?

Tinted by our Japanese friends prior to import.

Suits the Sunset really well.

cheers captain

might do this tomorrow, is there a guide on the forum?

With compliments to whoever posted this in another thread. All I'd add is that if you don't want to split/damage your trim, a trim/panel remover is a good investment.

Blade

First, take the cap off the rear wiper and unscrew the bolt holding the wiper on.

Then hold the wiper tight at the bottom so it doest feel like your going to snap the wiper off, and push/pull anti clockwise, you might have to give a good tug then should just screw off.

Open your boot and remove the inner lower plastic panel opposite side to where the wiper was joined ( I managed to get my fingers behind the panel up near where it joins to the top plastic panel and tug it firmly all the way round unpopping the plastic out)

You will see the wiper motor held in with 3 gold coloured nuts. disconnect the elect plug 1st, makes it a little easier. then remove the 3 bolts and the wiper motor will come off.

-To fill the hole where the wiper was, i used a 25mm rubber grommet from b&q/wickes. and it plugged straight in. perfect fit!

Squirter

Remove the hose linked to it from the top of the inner boot. It's between the join of the boot and the car. Remove the 4 inch hose linked between the hose from the car and the squirter and fit is back the opposite way around. the hose has a one way mechanism so the water can only pass through one way(there is a little arrow on it) once you placed it the opposite way round, no water can get through.

Then you need to get some thin pliers and poke them up though the hole near the squirter (from the inner side of the boot) There is a little bolt there. Squeeze the bolt and push up and the squirter should pop out the top.

Put a 20mm rubber grommet from the outer side of the car in the squirter hole and use black silicone to secure it and prevent it from leaking. Put plenty of the silicone under the grommet so it would fill the hole underneath for extra strength and to prevent water from getting in.

Go carefull doing this as there are many sharp bits poking out on the rear panel :bang:

IMG_5210.jpg

The mod does make the rear end look better though but not sure if his car is any faster than before :lol: we also removed that counter weight bolted on the inside of the tailgate. :thumbs:

It's definately faster and even more hot Weston chicks :yuck: have been pointing and waving at me in the last 24 hours. Perhaps they were horrified by the pints of PIMM's blood dripping from the rear hatch. :scare:

I've found 20mm grommetts for the squirter hole but refused to pay £2.15 for 20 in Wickes. I took one out the packet intending to do some shop-lifting but bottled it.

Can someone :ban: me please for being too gay and :wheelchair:

have you had the rear window tinted or is it just the angle of the photo.

I have a Black Z and would like to get the rear window as dark as possible?

mine's limo tint on top of some lesser tint and wiper delete is on my list for next year

IMG_0152.jpg?t=1282419833

sorry for hijack :blush:

It's definately faster and even more hot Weston chicks :yuck: have been pointing and waving at me in the last 24 hours. Perhaps they were horrified by the pints of PIMM's blood dripping from the rear hatch. :scare:

I've found 20mm grommetts for the squirter hole but refused to pay £2.15 for 20 in Wickes. I took one out the packet intending to do some shop-lifting but bottled it.

Can someone :ban: me please for being too gay and :wheelchair:

Im not condoning shop lifting but if you were stopped with it on the way out you could always say you brought it in with you and were trying to find a match :disguise: