4th to 6th gear change

H5

Mine does this but its such a rare thing to do and if you slow the gearchange down it overcomes the problem so not too bothered about getting it fixed. Only gives Nissan a chance to screw up something else in my opinion...

gonna get worse mate, sorry :(

mine was an occasional thing, and after a few months I ended up crunching every single time I was changing gear... new gearbox under warranty. Dealer even admitted Nissan had new synchros in it...

I always do 4th to 6th as redlining in 4th leaves you already at a very high speed...

Mine does this but its such a rare thing to do and if you slow the gearchange down it overcomes the problem so not too bothered about getting it fixed. Only gives Nissan a chance to screw up something else in my opinion...

gonna get worse mate, sorry :(

mine was an occasional thing, and after a few months I ended up crunching every single time I was changing gear... new gearbox under warranty. Dealer even admitted Nissan had new synchros in it...

I always do 4th to 6th as redlining in 4th leaves you already at a very high speed...

Same here, that's why I found it. Gotta wait a while thought, apparently they've got a product recall on the Nissan Gote or something equally attractive.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's gone in today, with a rather long list of bits to be looked at - am hoping they can deal with them all, ranging from interior shabbiness (that I don't think should be there on a car of that age and mileage) through to the gearbox. Said they may need it for two days though....... :thumbdown:

And the result is it's gonna need to go in for a week possibly for the gearbox work. As for the rest of the warranty stuff, I can see a big fight with Nissan GB on the horizon......... :angry:

Well it's gone in today, with a rather long list of bits to be looked at - am hoping they can deal with them all, ranging from interior shabbiness (that I don't think should be there on a car of that age and mileage) through to the gearbox. Said they may need it for two days though....... :thumbdown:

And the result is it's gonna need to go in for a week possibly for the gearbox work. As for the rest of the warranty stuff, I can see a big fight with Nissan GB on the horizon......... :angry:

Why buddy ( :boxing: )???

The corroding wheels have various points on each one as to why they aren't going to be done. From kerbing (which we know about but I still don't agree with) to saying that what is a bubbling from underneath is caused by a stonechip and isn't covered. How they can tell that I don't know, but still think it's irrelevant. Fact is in 2 and a bit years they shouldn't be corroding.

Then there's the interior leather issue. The handbrake has worn through on the end of the lever, where you wouldn't put much (if any) wear on other than a light touch with your thumb on the button. Again, in a £30k car I don't see how they can think that's acceptable. This extends to the silver paint on the stalks flaking off, on bits you don't even touch. Current stance is, it's wear and tear. Granted I don't expect it to stay perfect with time and use, but surely these things should last more than they are.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the call to say it's done. New bearings have been put in the gearbox apparently. Not knowing much about gearboxes (other than it's got cogs in it! :D ) not sure if that is the synchro or what really. Also talking to me when I pick it up about the other warranty so will wait and see what that brings.

Any comments on this as to whether I should be pushing for more??

Right, got it back, about £450 of parts fitted and there is a difference. 4th to 6th feels very slick, the best in the box now. However, when cold, going into 2nd at any speed is an effort. Once warm the best way to describe it is a lot tighter on the whole. Not notchy, but tighter.

If anyone's interested, I got the dealer to give me copies of all the assembly diagrams for the box, several pages worth.... I'm working on getting copies of the service notes too.....