Cheap exhaust vs Expensive Exhaust power gains

jollyranchers

just wondering whether the cheaper exhausts i.e Japseed K2 or toyosports would make the

same performance gains as say a nismo, tanabe , buddy club etc

they are a fraction of the price , i know they probably wont last as long and may need adjustment , but once fitted do you think the gains will be negligable ?

I can get a cheaper exhaust and y pipe for say £450 / £500 and have money left over for maybe a

spacer and remap. Where as a nismo , tanabe etc are £££

i would be interested to see if a cheapo exhaust would cause restriction or poor flow

any comments?

exhausts have more to do with looks and sounds than they do with real gains when it comes to the Zed. yes there will be some but not massively noticable. and comparing different exhausts on performance; all your really doing is giving yourself down the pub chat figures.

From my discussions with Mark at Abbey motorsport gains are absolutely tiny anyway and the stock system is pretty good. I went for motordyne xyz with race cat/ebay decats. should give pretty smart gains as far as gains go for around £600 all in. Sounds amazing and still looks stock which is win/win for me.

With an n/a engine the differences will be unnoticeable really. You'll feel a difference from stock to aftermarket (due to noise) but between all aftermarkets you'll probably not see much difference at all.