Wanted: Knackered Boot Struts(SORTED)

nurrish

:teeth: can't believe they are still causing a problem. It's bonkers don't you think.

I am still drving around without mine installed on the car.....

I'm sure I can see the boot bounce around whilst I'm driving. I should do something about it, but can't be a$$ed.

You free this week to swap knobs :yahoo::lol::lol: (Nismo knob for anyone thinking this is a strange post)

i see, that is a pain in the a$$. is that cos you changed back from the carbon bonnet?

I have no idea...it makes no logical sense! and is driving me nuts...i have an inkling that i may have them pointing the wrong direction once down...so i will try changing that tonight

I swapped boots with Nurrish - the bonkers thing about it is, my old boot fit snug. When we swapped neither of our boots would sit flush anymore.

There is 1 year between our cars... this surely should have no effect. Even the Seibon one that sat on Nurrish's car was perfect, and now on mine sits out of place. I've had to resort to removing the struts so that it is now flush. (well 95% flush). If I put them back on there's serious pressure being applied to the boot and thus putting the body line out of shape.

Nurrish - if things get bad there's a place in Derby that sell struts cheap, where the amount of pressure they apply can be tuned to your requirement. It might be worth a visit, but a pain in the bum, as it generates extra cost!

i see, that is a pain in the a$$. is that cos you changed back from the carbon bonnet?

I have no idea...it makes no logical sense! and is driving me nuts...i have an inkling that i may have them pointing the wrong direction once down...so i will try changing that tonight

Whats happened is that you have installed a bracket round the wrong way and bet the boot, did something similar on mine but realised they were installed incorrectly, on your carbon boot you may not of noticed. Not sure how you will sort it out tho sorry.

Mark, I get the same issue - although more severe, as it lifts the entire boot whilst being locked down. You can almost get your hand inside the boot.

Although I get exactly the same distortion at the top of the boot as Nurrish. It really doesn't add up, as my car never had the same issue as Nurrish as it's my original boot. We even tried swapping struts and the problem was the same?? It can't be bent otherwise it wouldn't sit back down, unless the struts are like you say on the wrong way round, but then I didn't think it would be possible to make that error??? Bonkers! :bounce:

I have them here you plonker ;)

What the hell you doing with my struts, give them back :lol:

I could of sworn I had them back but clearly not. Best I come over tomorrow night if you are free.

Still can't believe you've got them.

Maybe I'm loosing my marbles

My boot now opens on it's own!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank holy mother of god for that!!

I press the button and boot pops up - like automatically.... This is now a new found luxury. I might dissable my power steering, and after 3 months put it back on to feel how nice it is!! Funny how you get used to luxuries in life - anyway some photo's of my old shocks but now fitted correctly!!

Boot1.jpg

Boot2.jpg

Funny thing is the pressure is just right. Okay you have to guide the boot up rather than just letting go of it, other wise as you previously quoted it will fling a cat 100 yards!!

There is a slight amount of lift at the back - so I shall need to find a way of lowering the lock down to bring the tail of the boot closer to the bodywork!!

:thumbs:

Another job succesfully completed.