Brakes

Greeny

Right folks ive just ordered my self a full set of EBC Ultimax discs front n rears. just wondering now what is the best pad to use i see some ppl running red stuff, yellow stuff, and ferodo's ?

so what do we reckon is the best for fast road. with track use.. or is it just personal choice cheers :teeth:

Right folks ive just ordered my self a full set of EBC Ultimax discs front n rears. just wondering now what is the best pad to use i see some ppl running red stuff, yellow stuff, and ferodo's ?

so what do we reckon is the best for fast road. with track use.. or is it just personal choice cheers :teeth:

For track use you will have to choose your discs and pads with great care.

Stay clear of drilled discs for track, well for anything in my opinion. They crack far too readily. I always recommended stock discs and good uprated pads. I have never liked EBC stuff personally. I have used red stuff and the old green stuff on road and track, I have also used Ferodo DS2500's on track. EBC pads have in my opinion a terrible pedal feel in comparison to a decent pad, they also seem incredibly cheap and nasty next to say ferodo or the best pads you can buy Pagids. In their defence however on a recent runway day in my Porsche with red stuffs all around me and my friend could not destroy them despite heavy braking and after a full day on track they were only half worn which is very good as I have melted pads to oblivion within 6 laps of an airfield track before. This is even better as I own the car with a friend and we both used the car with very little breaks during the day. For road use I find DS2500's give a brilliant pedal feel and will take a good bit of heat before they start to wilt. I have half worn a set of DS2500's in a day on track in my old 600bhp rx7 with AP racing 4 pots and project mu slotted discs but it had a lot less use than the Porsche as it was only me driving and I gave it long cool down breaks. Personally I would have them any time over the EBC's. If you want the very best it comes at a price. Pagid ceramic or carbon pads are very expensive. RS14's make the car feel like its hit a brick wall when you hit the brake pedal and are unbelievably tough. They would do 6 trackdays roughly before requiring replacement, whereas red stuff/DS2500s would struggle with 2 if you are driving hard like I try to. So at around £300 the pagids may seem incredibly expensive but they are reasonable value considering how incredibly awesome they are. That's my opinion on the matter anyway. I have not taken my Zed on track and considering I already have a trackday car I do not intend to, however even for road use the stock pads are woeful and I have felt them starting to wilt on a spirited drive through the lanes.

Cheers, Ant.

yokomo i have also orderd lines so they will be with me shortly :)

big bramble. the dics i have dont have holes in just slotted i have also had drilled discs crack in the past.

thank you for your very imformative reply it was very helpfull. i think i will go for the ferodo pads then me think :) thanks again very helpfull :) :)

Greeny

which line did you order , hell or goodridge ?

either way post up when you get them done as im after some now just to cure the lilttle bit of spongeyness but im not sure if the extra for goodridge is worth it or just get Hell plus find some extra clamps.