short shifter

showtime1

im looking to get a short shifter can anyone recommend a good one and are they easy to diy thx

Got a B&M stick reduces the throw by 40%, not that easy to fit by yourself but doable (I did it) The hardest part I found was to get the rubber shoe back on under neath the car :rant: Tried it a few times and then all of a sudden I got it! The B&M isn't the best quality kit that I've seen but does the job. See picture below where mine needs adjusting (tightening) some google searches will throw up all kinds of stuff. You probably need to adjust the stick a few times before you get it right. What's your budget?

B&M

bm.jpg

Nismo

nismoshifter.jpg

AS you can see on the nismo one it's all one piece of material so won't have the problem with the bolt that I have...nismo also offer different throws from +20% to -20% and -40% with an adjustment. Maybe someone on here can give you some info on the Nismo one...

Don’t really know what a short shifter is :blush: although it looks like a gear lever. Can someone tell the uninitiated, like me what its for and what the advantages are ?? cos I might want to get one (or even a couple if the car goes faster :lol:

I read on a thread earlier today that having a short shifter actually makes it harder to get the car into gear ...

not sure how accurate that is .. but it's something to bare in mind

:thumbs:

Im not sure about the 350's gearbox but the 172 gearbox hates to be rushed into gear and a short shifter kills the box quickly. But on somecars they work great.