Where do they find these people...

Ardesco

Just called the insurance company to get them to put the Lightened flywheel and stage 2 comp clutch on my policy and had the muppet on the other end of the phone telling me he couldn't find an "enlightened flywheel" on his system :bang:

I had to repeat it about 10 times and spell it out for him, and he still called it an enlightened flywheel!!!

He then asked me if a clutch was new technology that isn't in road cars...

(Yes, it was an Indian call centre)

More advice: email them the changes. That way they have written proof of exactly what's been done and you have proof that you've notified them.

You'd think that a car insurer would employ people who knew something about cars though, wouldn't you. I remember talking to the overseas call centre of a previous insurer and they couldn't understand why I'd fitted a performance air freshener to my car...

Friend of mine had a car accident as the car behind him drove into the back of his motor. He contacted the insurance call centre (non uk) and said "he was in a steam of traffic and the car behind hit him". They asked how much water damage there was from the stream........god help us, and people wonder why call centres get grief.