Greetings!+ iPhone 4 connection with TomTom+Alpine

nrps1

Hey all! As you can tell, I'm new here, picking my black 350z GT up tomorrow, can't wait!

I've browsed about and read quite a bit in this forum, thanks for all the info that can be found, but have a few specific queries I haven't noticed posted yet....

Ok, so the Bose needs to be binned, I got that much, and an Alpine is the way forward...

I have an iPhone 4 and have been using it in my current car (Celica) via Aux-In/RCA to Phono straight into the headphone port on the phone. This works a treat for playing my music AND crucially Sat Nav on display/spoken directions.

My question is, will the current iPhone compatible Alpines that connect into the Data Port of the iPhone allow for the display on the phone to have TomTom and use the inbuilt media player for TomTom to play through the system? I'm not too fussed about browsing library through the HU tbh, thats what the iPhone on its screen mount is for...

Any help is much appreciated! I had my eye on Alpine CDA-105Ri - http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-cda-105ri.html

Thanks so much in advance :)

It should do. Certainly I can leave my 3GS connected to the car and use the iPod functionality to get the music through the speakers whilst using another app (not when driving, obviously!) so I see no reason why the TT app on an iPhone4 should be any different. :)

It should do. Certainly I can leave my 3GS connected to the car and use the iPod functionality to get the music through the speakers whilst using another app (not when driving, obviously!) so I see no reason why the TT app on an iPhone4 should be any different. :)

Are you wrocking with an Alpine and data port connection plse?

Yup charges too although if you are running GPS then it will not charge it much as most of the charging powers the GPS

But I could still drive for hours and phone wouldn't run out right? I use normal cigarette lighter to iphone at the moment and it keeps it at same % if not more gradually.

jvc avx820 , worked flautlessly wiht iphone 3g but now it connects and plays , can do trakc up and down but it wont open the iphones file list . its liek its not in head mode but the iphone says accessory connected !

good job i dont use the iphone much as i have an 80gb hdd

Well I bought the Alpine CDA-105Ri, the facia, wiring loom (+ steering wheel) and Alpine adaptor and have arranged to get it fitted by a local car audio company that sound quite professional, so fingers crossed and thanks for all your help!

The next thing though, when I spoke to him, he suggested I needed another wiring connection specifically for the amp(s), does anyone know if this is the case?