Clutch Replaced - difficult shifting

evest

Hey folks,

I recently had my clutch and flywheel replaced (done roughly 70,000) - standard Exedy and dual mass flywheel - and while the clutch pedal is nicely lighter, it's become more difficult to shift down into 2nd and 1st when decelerating.

Also, I feel a very slight 'burr' at the bottom of travel of the clutch pedal when accelerating and shifting up into 4th and 5th.

I wondered if these are issues with the fitting, or something I'm doing wrong? Anybody had similar?

Everything else with it seems fine.

Thanks for any help. :thumbs:

Steve

Hey folks,

I recently had my clutch and flywheel replaced (done roughly 70,000) - standard Exedy and dual mass flywheel - and while the clutch pedal is nicely lighter, it's become more difficult to shift down into 2nd and 1st when decelerating.

Also, I feel a very slight 'burr' at the bottom of travel of the clutch pedal when accelerating and shifting up into 4th and 5th.

I wondered if these are issues with the fitting, or something I'm doing wrong? Anybody had similar?

Everything else with it seems fine.

Thanks for any help. :thumbs:

Steve

Perhaps needing bled properly Steve.

Thanks Alex - The mechanic did say that the hardest part of the job was bleeding the system, and getting the new clutch line on. Perhaps I could bleed the system again to see if that sorts it - I'm guessing there is a DIY guide on here somewhere?

Thanks Alex - The mechanic did say that the hardest part of the job was bleeding the system, and getting the new clutch line on. Perhaps I could bleed the system again to see if that sorts it - I'm guessing there is a DIY guide on here somewhere?

I don't think that there is a guide on here but I may be wrong.

Give me a shout when you are ready and I will talk you through it. :thumbs: