KW Coilover Owners - Advice Needed

MattG

Hi all,

In the near future I'll be the proud owner of Muddy's KW V2 coilover kit and was just after some advice from people who already run the KWs.

Firstly, how do you guys go about adjusting the damping on the rear? From what I can tell you need to set this before installing them and given that I'll be wanting to fiddle with it a bit during the first few weeks to get my ideal settings this seems a bit odd. Surely you don't have to drop them out every time you want to adjust the damping? Is there any way I can access the adjusters by removing some of the trim in the boot? :wacko:

The other query is regarding ride height. I plan to drop the car as little as the coilovers allow (about 20mm from what I've read in the KW specs) as I have to deal with speed bumps etc and also want as much bump travel as possible to keep the handling and ride quality decent. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and if so have you had issues with grounding out?

All responses gratefully received! :) Also if anyone just wants to go on about how much they love their KWs that's fine too. :lol:

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi all,

In the near future I'll be the proud owner of Muddy's KW V2 coilover kit and was just after some advice from people who already run the KWs.

Firstly, how do you guys go about adjusting the damping on the rear? From what I can tell you need to set this before installing them and given that I'll be wanting to fiddle with it a bit during the first few weeks to get my ideal settings this seems a bit odd. Surely you don't have to drop them out every time you want to adjust the damping? Is there any way I can access the adjusters by removing some of the trim in the boot? :wacko:

The other query is regarding ride height. I plan to drop the car as little as the coilovers allow (about 20mm from what I've read in the KW specs) as I have to deal with speed bumps etc and also want as much bump travel as possible to keep the handling and ride quality decent. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and if so have you had issues with grounding out?

All responses gratefully received! :) Also if anyone just wants to go on about how much they love their KWs that's fine too. :lol:

Cheers,

Matt.

On the rear, the rebound is adjusted from the top of the strut either with a little wheel which fits over an extruded tab adjuster or a 2 mm allen key.

The bump is adjusted from the bottom of the strut with a wire key.

On the rear, the rebound is adjusted from the top of the strut either with a little wheel which fits over an extruded tab adjuster or a 2 mm allen key.

The bump is adjusted from the bottom of the strut with a wire key.

Thanks mate, although mine will be the V2 version which only have the rebound adjustment. Muddy has told me that the shocks are adjusted at the top which ties in with what you say but is that something I can get to whilst they are in-situ, perhaps by removing some of the trim near the rear strut? :wacko:

yes, we ran the v2's upto now, as ZmanAlex suggests a 2mm allan key from the top, there is a hole in the rear strut that allows you access, ive been altering settings in the pits so its not hard to do without the trim... not so easy with all the boot trim though..

yes, we ran the v2's upto now, as ZmanAlex suggests a 2mm allan key from the top, there is a hole in the rear strut that allows you access, ive been altering settings in the pits so its not hard to do without the trim... not so easy with all the boot trim though..

Just what I wanted hear, thanks! :thumbs: I don't mind running without some of my boot trim for a few weeks whilst I fine tune the setup.