MOT Questions

spursmaddave

My 2003 Z is going in for an MOT end of the month, its done 83k and just had a P1 at Abbey.

The missus spotted a bargain, £27.42 for 1/2 price MOT at Nationwide.

Just had all the confirmation through and they are offering £59 for a guarantee that if any work is needed the first £650 of parts and labour is covered.....

Do you guys reckon this is a good deal, i'm thinking I can't loose as the MOT was half price so really it's only £30 to cover a possible £650?

Anything I should be worried about MOT wise, I have an aftermarket exhaust and have read that these can cause problems with emission readings?

Worth doing if you know you've got something that will fail, otherwise it's a lovely clever piece of marketing to get you to pay over £85 just for an MOT. Bear in mind if they find anything wrong you're only going to get the crap as a replacement, not OEM (i.e. tyres, brakes etc).

Ok don't worry, just read a bit more and you have to book the guarantee 90 days before your MOT is due, yet you can't book the MOT until a month before it is due :headhurt: just asked them to explain this and they couldn't :lol: as they say if it looks like its too good to be true, it almost always is :dry:

Fair point well made....

Im actually an MOT virgin as im 41 but only been driving 5 years, owned a 2 year old mazda that I traded in just before MOT time, had a Hyundai Coupe for less than a year and bought a brand new Leon that isnt 3 years old yet.... so never actually had to get one done :blush:

Anyway I hate things like this, whats the point in putting on the confirmation sent a month ago that I could have booked this 3 months ago, not impressed so cancelled and waiting to hear on a booking at Abbey :thumbs: