Bumper Colour doesn't match?

Redrussxiii

Can I just ask what people think of this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

I'm going to go and have a look at this one but I've now noticed that the body kit is quite a different shade to the rest of the car. Am I over analysing it or is it really noticeable to everyone?

Also what do people think of the car overall?

Impossible to tell via a camera.

They work completely differently to the human eye and this is made worse by the fact the car has been shot in mixed lighting and the bumper/bonnet are in different lights and different planes.

See it in the flesh and you'll know.

It seems like a stupid question now! The more I look at it the worse it looks!

I went to see it and this time it was just as bad in the flesh. Now I'm looking closely at all the adverts, a lot of them have bumpers and side skirts with a bad colour match, even looking at the fuel filler flap it sometimes looks different, although that might just be the light shining at a different angle.

Anyway, I'll just have to be patient and wait for the right one to come along, ideally white or blue with a quality body kit.

This would have been nice, but same problem

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Yep this is a common problem with differing materials. I recently had my entire car resprayed white and despite all the bits being sprayed at the same time from the same batch of paint, some of the differences were quite startling! :scare:

The fibre glass Nismo front bumper and skirts were a 99% match for the metal bits but the it was actually the OEM plastic rear bumper that was the worst. It almost looked light grey in comparison to the rest of the car.

Check out this pic of my car to see how bad the rear bumper was (although it didn't look that bad in person):

P1020761.jpg

It's since been back to the bodyshop as they wanted to have another go at it and this time used a white primer coat instead of the light grey one used on the rest of the parts. The paint match is now 99% perfect. :teeth:

They have said this is a very common problem and on some cars it's very difficult to get right. If you actually look around you'll see a lot of cars come like this from the factory although some makes and colours are worse than others. I've noticed a lot of white Audis with dodgy coloured bumpers and I believe even Porsches have this issue too. :surrender: There are rumours that it's due to the cars being painted in one factory and the bumpers being painted in another but in reality it's just down to the fact that the bumpers are made of different stuff.