high mileage

Greeny

hey all just wondering how good these engines are? is there any issues once the cars get up up around 95k+ miles? as ill be buying one soon seen a few with high miles like this. im not that clued upo on the nissans as im had hondas so far

thank you :D

hey all just wondering how good these engines are? is there any issues once the cars get up up around 95k+ miles? as ill be buying one soon seen a few with high miles like this. im not that clued upo on the nissans as im had hondas so far

thank you :D

Hi mate,

I have been snooping around other forums lately looking at other cars and for once doing a bit of homework and I can honestly say I have heard more problems with other manufacturers having engine problems in a week than i have ever heard on here in the 12 months ive been a member/ 2 years owner.

Yes there are other issues with zeds but the engine definately does not seem an issue. I dont recall anyone on here replacing one in my time so I wouldnt be worrying about the engine... gear box, drop links etc might be worth focusing on when looking at a high miler :thumbs:

Its true, i have read so few threads on this board relating to engine problems of any type. The higher mileage is more likely to cause issue on suspension components / interior wear etc than harming the engine..... touch wood!

Nissan engines are bomb-proof. The VQ engine series was around for 8 years before the 350Z even launched. Plenty of these engines in the US that have been faultless for 150k-250k miles :thumbs:

At that mileage you should be checking the gearbox, clutch, suspension, wheel bearings, CV joints... but even problems with these are rare.

I was shocked when I looked into getting a BMW M3... The engines and suspensions seem to self-destruct by 100k miles :scare:

Nissan engines are bomb-proof. The VQ engine series was around for 8 years before the 350Z even launched. Plenty of these engines in the US that have been faultless for 150k-250k miles :thumbs:

At that mileage you should be checking the gearbox, clutch, suspension, wheel bearings, CV joints... but even problems with these are rare.

I was shocked when I looked into getting a BMW M3... The engines and suspensions seem to self-destruct by 100k miles :scare:

NOTE: this depends on service intervalls and how they have been driven, I expect mine not to last that long to be honest. Modding does tend to shorten the lifespan of things.

:bounce: