Meguiar's G220 Dual Action

Jak

Me and my brother areconsidering buying one of these, have been looking on i4detailing at some of the packages they offer, which can be seen in the link below:

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/M ... her_1.html

My question is, which would be better - to my mind the Sonus one looks pretty good, however i will be the first to admit that i am very much a novice to it!!

Failing the package deals, would it be better to just buy the Machine polisher and then pick up some separate products such as lime prime etc to use with it??

We both have Nissans so products more suited to soft paints would be ideal!

Thanks in advance!

Jak :thumbs:

I've just bought the Kestral DA6 Sonus package. Not used it yet as I've tweaked a nerve in my back :shrug:

Bought mine (same as you never used one) because I want to learn and so does my 14 year old son too.

Some of the members in the past have suggested going to the scrappy and getting an old panel to practice on.(THIS IS WHAT WE WILL BE DOING)

Main reason for going for the Kestral was good reviews and the deal price was good.

Me and my brother areconsidering buying one of these, have been looking on i4detailing at some of the packages they offer, which can be seen in the link below:

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/M ... her_1.html

My question is, which would be better - to my mind the Sonus one looks pretty good, however i will be the first to admit that i am very much a novice to it!!

Failing the package deals, would it be better to just buy the Machine polisher and then pick up some separate products such as lime prime etc to use with it??

We both have Nissans so products more suited to soft paints would be ideal!

Thanks in advance!

Jak :thumbs:

PM Matt from I4detailing he will help. :thumbs:

Any of the soft paint options will work.

After that it's 'what you like' but you won't know if you haven't done it before. I use Menzerna polishes a lot but I liked Meguiars when I tried them. I've used Sonus pads but never their polish..... :wacko:

You have to ask what you want to achieve with it? Do you have swirls that you want rid of? You want some shine?

If you just want to get used to running a machine then I'd recommend getting some soft finishing type pads and getting some sealant or a glaze that can be used by machine and just having a go. You could also use lime prime or even lime prime lite. 85% of using a DA is having confidence working with the machine and running it at low speeds spreading products does this.

Best chat to Matt as DBlock said or some of the pros on here might have an opinion.

Kestrel gets my vote as it's what I have. I also like he Poorboys SSR range but again that's just because it's what I've used before. Its better than megs SRP but can't compare it to any other polishes.

Matt will sort you out though :thumbs: