Insurers You Should Not Use With An Import

Ardesco

Thought this may be useful as I've had a few issues so far. these are companies I would suggest people don't use due to the small print in the policies:

Admiral/Elephant (Or any other company owned by the Admiral group I'm guessing)

They have the following exclusion in the small print:

Important: We are unable to offer a replacement car if your car was originally produced for sale outside the EC. We cannot guarantee to provide a replacement car adapted for a person’s special needs or disability. This car is not meant to be like for like with your own car.

Basically you never get a courtesy car despite that fact you are paying for fully comp insurance :rant:

I'll add more to the list as I find problems :headhurt:

They provide a courtesy car to everybody apart from people with imports. I have paid extra for Hire car cover, but I will only get a hire car provided if my car is written off, and then only for a maximum of 21 days. If somebody hits me and it is repairable I am stuck without a car whilst they repair my car.

I've not yet had fully comp insurance that doesn't provide you with a courtesy car whilst your car is repaired if somebody hits you...