My extremely frustrating Bose CD player

Lyndsss82

Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing good! :wave:

I've got a question which I'm sure its been answered on many occasions, but I couldnt find much on it. My Bose CD player doesn't work. It keeps saying eject CD and thats about it. I've taken the whole HD out and opened up the CD compartement. I've not managed to find pictures of how they should look. The previous numpty of an owner looks like they've shoved a screwdriver through the CD loader and bent the metal part and managed to take the CD cassette off its pins. Does anyone here know what I mean. I'm struggling to fix it myself and I'm not sure if it would be worth fixing. Anyway do I:

a) Buy a new double din headunit (which after reading some things about installing is a bit of a mission due to a new wiring kit and questions on if the amp works)

B) Get the bloomin' thing fixed by a very nice person

or c) find a replacement Bose HD (which I'm really struggling to find one)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This thing is driving me insane!!! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::bang:

Thanks everyone! :D

I'd replace to be honest.

The Boses are 'mated' to the ECU so if they aren't 'divorced' properly one from a different car wouldn't work in yours anyway.

You could PM R35LEE though (might not answer though as he's extremely busy I believe) as if any one can fix it he can.

ZMANALEX might have replacements and if he does I'm sure they'd be good to go.

Thanks soooooo much peeps for the advice. :D I've decided to brave it and go for the line in for an MP3 player!

So far I've dismantled the HU and taken the tape deck out. I've bought myself a male to male audio cable, chopped it in half and exposed the 3 cables. I've also got myself a tape adaptor and taken all the 'bits' out of it. All I need now is my friend to come round with his soldering iron and hopefully hey presto! Job done! :yahoo: I just hope I remember my soldering skills from when I last used an iron, which was....hmm....at school :dry:

I really hope this works. It'll be amazing to have some decent tunes playing in the car. The music I listen to in the car is currently the lovely sound of the engine and my new exhaust system which I bought! :)

I'll keep you posted and let you know if it works. Thanks lrh for the info!

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Absolutely AMAZING!!! :yahoo::yahoo: Thanks all I can say. Thank you sooooo much lrh for sending me the instructions on how to solder the audio cable to the tape board.

The sound quality is so much better than I thought it would be!

Pat on the back for me for managing to remove the stereo, unscrew all the nuts and bolts to get into the HU, soldering some wires and then putting it all back together again!

Well done me! :D:#2::yahoo: