Whatever metal polish you're using, ditch it!

H5

While on a shopping trip this morning I needed some silver polish for my gf's jewellery, and saw a tin of Brasso liquid for the princely sum of £1.32.

I thought why not, and tried it out during a big session this afternoon. Forget your Glym, Megs or Autosol, this stuff is awesome. Hardly any effort, and what a shine!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

And only £1.32 a tin. :yahoo:

H5

Hi mate.

Another secret out of the bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :teeth:

I have been using brasso to finish off my bright work for ages now.

If you want the ultimate shine on polished metal though get one of those soft rags impregnated with stuff that is used for polishing gold and silver.

Rub , polish off , step back in awe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ming the Stressed

I saw that too John. Ridiculous!! They were cleaning the chrome bumpers on some beat-up Chevvy pick-up though.

Did you see the one where they left 2 pigs to decompose in a Corvette for 6 months then tried to clean the car? It was disgusting. Even Ming wouldn't have attempted that one!! :yuck::yuck::yuck:

i've got some silvo which is made by brasso. Have to say that it couldn't shift a dirty patch on the underside of the exhaust tip. Autosol shifted it very easily

Mine was the same Mike, couldn't shift one stubborn bit on the bottom, Brasso did the job a treat! :thumbs:

I saw that too John. Ridiculous!! They were cleaning the chrome bumpers on some beat-up Chevvy pick-up though.

Did you see the one where they left 2 pigs to decompose in a Corvette for 6 months then tried to clean the car? It was disgusting. Even Ming wouldn't have attempted that one!! :yuck::yuck::yuck:

Your joking aren't you :teeth:

You want to see Mrs Mings Celica :wacko: two dead pigs would be easy :scare:

Talking about Solvo. Best results are had putting it on with your bear hands. I think it is to do with the sweat but it definately works better and is LOADS more satisfying.

Clean soft cloth to buff it off and you get a better, quicker shine.

Ming the sad Git

Talking about Solvo. Best results are had putting it on with your bear hands. I think it is to do with the sweat but it definately works better and is LOADS more satisfying.

Ming the sad Git

Thats Ok Ming ,But where are we going to get a "bear " from :teeth:

Ming the sad Git

:lol::lol: Now that's a secret to let out of the bag Ming!!

Ming the sad Git

You mean you haven't got hair on the palms of your hands!!!!!!!! :wacko: !!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Ming the fluffy palmed

This is a 100% genuine post!

For removing stubborn stains/marks from chrome or plastic (I.E. headlamps) use whitening toothpaste. Apply it like polish. I dunno if every make works but aquafresh certainly does! Please take this serious as it genuinely works.

Toothpaste is only like a fine solvo - although I wouldn't clean my teeth with solvo.

You can buy Farecla Rubbing compound as well in various grades which does exactly the same thing but a lot more expensively and it doesnt taste as nice.

Ming the Agreed