Calling the sound Gurus

ChrisUUC

Nice and simple.

If you want to retain your steering controls - http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/ict/p~29-645.html?cat=0 + Adapter for the make of head unit

When connecting it up don't connect up the RCAs as you will ne using after market amps. This will do power and steering controls

Double Din Facia - http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/autolead ... html?cat=0

Only thing I would add is think forward. If you are buying a head unit and you want to be able to set it up then it will need some sort of decent EQ! Buying twice is always more expensive than buying right once....

Mine is set up via laptop using Alipne software. Not quite as good as I had it when I did it manually and was competing, but gets 9 tenths there for 1 tenth of the work!!

I would listen to some of the speakers you intend to get if at all possible, with the music you listen to. More expensive isn't always better, spending the time on install and locations will pay dividends :)

I have a question, obviously ive bought my MTX comps for the doors but the speaker grills behind my front and passenger headrests what size do people upgrade these with?

Also what amp would I need to run ...

(1) MTX Roadthunder RTS652 Comps

(2) JL Audio 10WX Sub

(3) What ever other speakers can go in these parts im speaking of above ... subtle sound guys with good sq ... ?

I wouldnt have bothered with rear speakers but if you have you will need a 4 channel amp. for the sub you will need a 1 channel amp or a 2 channel bridgable amp.

TBH Im not sure the MTX will be great. Try rainbow, focal, dynadio, Legatia HAT's, MB quart.

Just may 2p's worth, but the discussion about weight is IMO totally bogus.

Either you are building a car with comforts or you are building a car for the track, you cannot have both.

I know that I will only do some occasional spirited driving and will mostly be a shows for the "let people look at the car" kind of thing. So I won't be worrying too much about the weight.

Either you are building a car with comforts or you are building a car for the track, you cannot have both.

Then its not bogus.... :wacko: if he stated he was going comfort then fair enough, but he didn't. In fact he stated he was actually going for tuning mods as well...

Few on talkaudio recomended them, for all I'm afterthey will be a million times betterrhan the standard setup.

Probably won't bother upgrading therears if nobody really recomends it.

Thanks, by the way has tour clarion gone?

I know they will be, but usually MTX is heavier on the bass. More sql then sq.

I wouldnt IMO because if they fronts are amped you wont need the rears. Also if you feel you need rear fill you could always upgrade them at a later date.

Sorry Chris saw your pm at work and forgot to reply no its still here. :thumbs:

I have a question, obviously ive bought my MTX comps for the doors but the speaker grills behind my front and passenger headrests what size do people upgrade these with?

Also what amp would I need to run ...

(1) MTX Roadthunder RTS652 Comps

(2) JL Audio 10WX Sub

(3) What ever other speakers can go in these parts im speaking of above ... subtle sound guys with good sq ... ?

A JL 4 channel amp, with two bridged to run the sub would do nicely. Run the rears off the head unit. :)

I would also leave 6.5" speakers. It is tough as 4 or 5.25" speakers do better with vocals, whereas the 6.5" deals with midrange / midbass much better. So I wouls stick with a strong vocal 6.5" speaker. Rainbows, Hertz and JL's would be on my list for that :)

3rd or what ever on the not worry about rear speakers. Save your money on the rear speakers, spending it on better equiptment for the fronts, amp and sub and you'll not even notice they are not there.

I always like to say how often do you go to a concert and have speakers from the back pointing at you! now thing of the size of the cabin in a 350