Alarm flashes?

Chesterfield

On the missus' old car (mx-5 with clifford alarm) when you lock the car (and arm the alarm), it flashed twice. When you unlocked the car, it flashed once.

If you came back to the car after the alarm had been set off, when you unlocked the car, it flashed three times to tell you that the alarm had been set off while you were away.

My question is, does the Z do anything like this? Aparently she has searched the manual, but can't find any info..

Thanks,

Chris.

Has the key not got some sort of transponder in it??

You don't really want the immobiliser linked to the alarm as it would be to easy to steal. Just disable the alarm and off you pop. Or steal it at a forecourt when it is not locked but has no keys in it. I think it has to be seperate for cat 1 status. Although not sure if the standard alarm is or not. :wacko:

Im pretty sure the are separate enities. The imobiliser kicks in every time you take your keys out of the ignition. That way the car is still secure if you leave it unlocked on a forecourt or while you are washing it and going to fill your bucket etc...

At least thats the way I thought it worked, so the car was still secure even if you forget to lock it.