stuey

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prescience

Ta Tim ;)

Nissan do not produce a S/C kit and it is doubtful that the one they have trialled (Novidem) will actually go into production. That is a fair reflection of the current situation. It is possible to buy the Novidem kit direct of course (from Switzerland) but as yet it has limited proven historical record in operation.

The Vortech kit (which I am proposing for sale) is quite popular in the UK for a number of reasons, including ease of install, reliability, tuneability and performance.

HKS also have a S/c kit although this is currently withdrawn from sale due to technical issues. Until the latter emerged this was perceived as a nice solution albeit a bit more costly but perhaps a bit more well-engineered than Vortech - it is a bit quieter in operation too.

Finally (for known UK use) Stillen do a 4-stage kit with increasing levels of power although without being biased it does tend to suffer from heat soak (loss of power as the temperature increases).

To install the Vortech kit, you are looking at about 10 hours labour or approx £700 which in all is IMO a decent price for 400BHp of power :)

I think the Novidem would be a VERY safe bet, they have to homologate them to sell them In Switzerland and Germany and laws are very strict there. Will be bombproof too, since they have to give a warranty in those Countries.

Apparently tested @ the Ring too for real life performance. Only drawback would be that installation would have to be in Switzerland at their premises only.

So far apart from the 350Z GT-S concept noone I know has it on a UK Z though

I like the switch off button too, a lot!

Guest prescience

It should be pointed out that the Novidem kit will cost a minimum of £6,500 fitted plus any travelling costs to Switzerland - so you'd expect quite a lot for that :)

It is also rated at 380 BHp but whether that is on revup (296BHp base) or MY03 (276BHp base) is not clear - and I would expect it to be different in both cases.

They also offer a GT450 with internals but IMHO if you are doing internals, supercharging is not the way to go - much better TT

I'm not sure testing at The Ring approximates to typical real world driving performance - but it certainly has its place; I would want to see many cars running this over a long period and in varying driving environments (i.e. extended usage in the States and here in Europe) with issues ironed out (there are always some) before I stumped up about £7000 for 80BHp

for the 380hp wasn't it €6500??? and €12k for the 450hp package. Quite a big difference...

but it should be noted that since you won't do much with their warranty, I'm sure you could work out a deal with them if you can negotiate a bit...

no it's £££ not € :( you were right

still though... £6500 for an installed homologated item surely is in the ballpark of a Vortech + other essentials needed and installed in the UK? (ok not taking into consideration travel costs)

£3-3.5K for a new polished Vortech.

+ oil pan

+ Gauges

whate else?

+ Uk install, how much £1,5-2k?

Guest prescience
still though... £6500 for an installed homologated item surely is in the ballpark of a Vortech + other essentials needed and installed in the UK? (ok not taking into consideration travel costs)

peeps can have my vortech with 1,500 miles for about £3,200 installed and 400Bhp dynoed (by me and StephenG) (shameless plug ;) )

i would like to know

a ) what 'extras' are included

b ) is the warranty applicable to and complete for the UK (given the recent 'confusion' over APS and conditions of use)

and I'd still like a lot more miles (by other people :blush: )

Guest prescience

£3-3.5K for a new polished Vortech.

+ oil pan

+ Gauges

whate else?

+ Uk install, how much £1,5-2k?

£7-800 or so install not the figures you mention

peeps can have my vortech with 1,500 miles for about £3,200 installed and 400Bhp dynoed (by me and StephenG) (shameless plug ;) )

i would like to know

a ) what 'extras' are included

b ) is the warranty applicable to and complete for the UK (given the recent 'confusion' over APS and conditions of use)

and I'd still like a lot more miles (by other people :blush: )

In anybody's money your's is a better deal Dorian

Guest prescience
ah true it's about a 15 hrs install isn't it

8-12 from the vortech site - mine took 10

As a slight aside, I was e-mailing Steve-B today about a de-install as it happens (he is doing OK) and as you recall installed it himself B) - he reckons about 5 hours to remove :)

ps thanks Andy - come on someone, buy it off me :p you'll not be disappointed (watching those M3s going backwards :p )

I think the Novidem would be a VERY safe bet, they have to homologate them to sell them In Switzerland and Germany and laws are very strict there. Will be bombproof too, since they have to give a warranty in those Countries.

Apparently tested @ the Ring too for real life performance. Only drawback would be that installation would have to be in Switzerland at their premises only.

So far apart from the 350Z GT-S concept noone I know has it on a UK Z though

I like the switch off button too, a lot!

Yup I have seen it there on a couple of occasions, goes like a rocket compared to standard car. Ill post pics when I find em

Guest prescience
exaclty stop plugging your kit for sale, this ain't the right place, the guy asked for opinions on superchargers, not asked about YOUR for sale one :p

I think my first post above is well-balanced and pretty much represents all the research I have done over the past 18 months. All it doesn't say is that its not a twin-turbo in terms of power

exaclty stop plugging your kit for sale, this ain't the right place, the guy asked for opinions on superchargers, not asked about YOUR for sale one :p

I think my first post above is well-balanced and pretty much represents all the research I have done over the past 18 months. All it doesn't say is that its not a twin-turbo in terms of power

come on I've aready acknowledged that a couple of posts up :p