squeeling noise form engine bay when warm

yokomo

couple of days ago i seem to have picked up a squeeling from the engie bay , its only there when warm or at least not when you first start but the time i get to work its there. belts are all new and eiter it doesnt vary with engine speed or i just cant hear it as by the time the geine is revved slightly even standing by the engine bonet up i cant hear it.

any ideas ?

Have you tightened the belts to their correct tension? Sounds like thats what it is too me.. :thumbs:

You may be getting belt slip when the conditions are correct.

hmm could be , il be going back to the garage tog et my cats fitted v soon so il see what they say.

Have you tightened the belts to their correct tension? Sounds like thats what it is too me.. :thumbs:

You may be getting belt slip when the conditions are correct.

hmm could be , il be going back to the garage tog et my cats fitted v soon so il see what they say.

If you didnt have the noise before the belts were changed and now you do, after the belts have been changed, in my opinion it MUST be the belts out of correct tension. :shrug:

Mine started making a noise after about 4 months but only in cold conditions at first. Garage will be able to check the tension for you - had mine adjusted an is now fine :thumbs: But it was when cold which does happen with new belts sometimes.

When the bonnet is up and the engine is running, are you able to hear where it is coming from. Could it be one of the rollers? I know on cambelts they recommend changing the rollers and tensioners sometimes not sure about zeds and the aux belts. But it may point towards a cause. :dry: