Roadster power change

crucial

I am posting to check some details on the power change between years on the 350Z roadster. I have been looking for one a few weks now, and looking on nissans used car site, it seems all the engine power on the roadster's is listed as 280hp, whilst im pretty sure there where 2 power changes, 1 at 2005 model year to around 300hp, and 1 around 2007 to around 310 hp. Was the power increase never done on the roadster, or is there cut off points on year of regestration for the more powerful engines to be fitted? All the ones i have seen on nissans used car site state 280hp. Just trying to nail this down so i can try to find the most updated power output in my budget.

Haha, id love a 2007, but on my budget im gonna be lucky to get a 2006 i would say. Looking to spend no more than 14k, so if anyone knows anywhere to get a 07 roadster, with less than 30k on the mileometer,for around 14k, id love to find it!! :D I have been struggling to find anything on nissans used car site for less than 14k thats newer than an 05, i need to hunt harder maybe.

2006 was for the 296bhp and in 2005 it was 280bhp........ also in 2005 there was an anniversary model that was a 300bhp........

2007 to 2009 was 309bhp............

All roadsters was the same power output to the coupe.............. :thumbs:

BUT..... none of the GT4s were roadsters :lol:

Crucial - you can find them for around the £14K mark - my 2007 313 Night Blue was'nt too much more than that when I part ex'd it last year just they will be a slightly higher mileage which is'nt an issue with these cars as they are rock solid.

As Greekman pointed out check for leaks and that the hood works well. :thumbs:

Have a look around autotrader etc dont just rely on Nissans' own site.

Good luck with the search and we are here to help if you have any questions - also consider an import but just ensure which ever you choose has a FSH.

BTW :welcome: to the club :D

I have found an 05 with 30k on it for 14k, does this have the 286hp engine in it? Does this seem to be the right money for one of these? Nissan main agent, and theyll take my old car in px (which has been a limiting factor in me getting one), advice and help appreciated before i drop a clanger and drop 14k on a 2005, not realising i may get a newer more powerful one somewhere else for less £££'s. Also, i really would prefer a uk one to an import, theres a lot of imports about i have found, and i think concerning warranty, it may be a little bit safer for me to buy from a nissan dealer with a nice warranty, as im not much of a car mechanic. Any suggestions?

I have found an 05 with 30k on it for 14k, does this have the 286hp engine in it? Does this seem to be the right money for one of these? Nissan main agent, and theyll take my old car in px (which has been a limiting factor in me getting one), advice and help appreciated before i drop a clanger and drop 14k on a 2005, not realising i may get a newer more powerful one somewhere else for less £££'s. Also, i really would prefer a uk one to an import, theres a lot of imports about i have found, and i think concerning warranty, it may be a little bit safer for me to buy from a nissan dealer with a nice warranty, as im not much of a car mechanic. Any suggestions?

The roadster you are looking at has the 287bhp......... :thumbs:

There are bargains out there........ I got a 2008 roadster 309bhp with 2,200mls on the clock for £19,995

Have a look around the dealers as there will be a few demonstrators that they want to make way for the newer 370z.......... :thumbs:

I wish i could find a cheap 08, down the southeast everythings 20% more than it is a lttle bit further up the countrys. 05 roadsters are 14-16 it seems from main dealers. I have struggled to find a cheapish newer one with the 316 hp engine, but im still hunting. :)

I wish i could find a cheap 08, down the southeast everythings 20% more than it is a lttle bit further up the countrys. 05 roadsters are 14-16 it seems from main dealers. I have struggled to find a cheapish newer one with the 316 hp engine, but im still hunting. :)

Keep looking but I am surprised they are still so expensive even though the 370 new boyo on the block :)

I think your looking in the wrong places to be honest, I had been looking for months for my car on here and pistonheads most were over priced on both sites your best bet is Autotrader. I considered some advertised on here but they seemed overpriced then the seller would rather let it go to a dealer for trade price than sell it to someone on here for trade :doh:

Yeah, i know what you mean, i need to become a trader for a day (common occurence these days), and offer all those dealers trade money for there 07's. Preparing myself for not being the most popular man on the forecourt, but when it comes to buying cars, a very thick skin helps. :teeth: Someone will drop, im sure.