Bouncy Zed

Maccaman

Hi Guys. Not sure how to explain this but the car feels "bouncy". Doesn't give the same ride as before, almost as though its not rebounding properly. Terrible description I know but its getting me paraniod thinking suspension, sway bar & anything else technical that I don't understand :blush: If anybody has any ideas from such a bad description I'd be grateful.

• 2 weeks later...

Well had the car checked today (at an independant that I use). No problems that they could find so no further with the "problem". I can't believe its just the state of the roads as I notice this everywhere I drive, really get a shaking over every little bump. Would it be worth getting a 4 wheel alignment done?

Have you checked yourself? Push down hard on each corner a few times and then let the car "settle", Should come to a standstill very quickly. If it bounces then thats the springs taking the

damping affect and that would indicate a shock gone. :thumbs:

Yeah tried that (those it's not easy) and it settles straight away. I'm probably describing the feeling of the drive incorrectly. As I say its like you feel every bump in the road as though the suspension is very very stiff (I know its supposed to be that way) That's why I was wondering about the wheel alignment. Apart from that the car is due its MOT & P2 service at the end of August so I suppose if there were any problems they should show up then. It's strange, having read other peoples threads where they appear paranoid, but I'm starting to know how they feel :blush:

When driving to work this morining Immy I felt that the back end was skittish. Any little buimp in the road the car seems to react to it so it really feels shakey. (I hate trying to describe something like this but we all know how our own car feels).