When rear parking sensors go bad...

JimmyJam75

As I've never had rear parkiing sensors on a car berfore (or on any transportation for that matter, including mountain bikes, space hoppers etc.) I was suprised that mine 'failed' for a while after I'd washed the car.

However, I guess this must be completely normal, until they dry properly. I assume they'll also start to fail if I was to ever let the back get a bit dirty.

So - will there be another other times that I'll need to watch out for this? i.e. when it's frosty / icey ?

Jim

:)

As I've never had rear parkiing sensors on a car berfore (or on any transportation for that matter, including mountain bikes, space hoppers etc.) I was suprised that mine 'failed' for a while after I'd washed the car.

However, I guess this must be completely normal, until they dry properly. I assume they'll also start to fail if I was to ever let the back get a bit dirty.

So - will there be another other times that I'll need to watch out for this? i.e. when it's frosty / icey ?

Jim

:)

mmmmm I've not noticed that? Will have to test and see.......

Never had that before though. Anyone else?

I take it you mean that they didn't beep, or they didn't register the correct distance? :blush:

Guess we should be grateful it fails "safe", better that than have it convinced you are miles from the wall and then crunch!

The devices works like an echosounder (like a bat!) so if the small apertures are blocked by anything water, ice, snow, dirt, vaseline (beware doggers) the ultrasound will be immediately echo'd back and register as being hard up against some object.

What polish did you use? I have heard of some polishes leaving a film over the sensors that causes this. Mer is a particular culprit for this,

Glen

Polish !?? haven't bothered yet... it's only a week and a half old... i think i'm supposed to lay off the polish for a couple of weeks..

What polish did you use? I have heard of some polishes leaving a film over the sensors that causes this. Mer is a particular culprit for this,

Glen

Polish !?? haven't bothered yet... it's only a week and a half old... i think i'm supposed to lay off the polish for a couple of weeks..

:scare::scare::scare::scare:

GET IT WAXED MATE.

Its new and shiney so you don't need polish - infact I would actively advise against it at the moment as the paint work is pristine - but wax is another matter. It will protect AND enhance the shine AND make is easier to clean.

Also you get to get YOUR HANDS on your car :teeth:

Ming the Worried